Sunday, April 15, 2012

THE STATE OF THE DRAMA NATION “The Curious Savage” Spring 2012

OK...after typing for an hour, the Colossus crashed, and I lost it all. Sorry....this will be the shorter version. If you want to know what I had said in the longer version, I’ll be happy to tell you. The family is not going to tolerate me being at the computer all afternoon, and I don’t blame them.
ACTING
Any time I find myself repeating directions, it’s both good and bad. It’s good because it means that I’ve covered everything that I think needs to be covered. It’s bad because it means that you haven’t made the adjustments yet.
In some cases, like Samuel and Mrs. Paddy, the plan was to wait until the last ten days and hit you hard. That started this week and will continue into the next. Mrs. Savage and Miss Willie were my focal points this week, and we made a dent. The guests have had EVERYTHING made clear to them, and now, they need to make the adjustments.
We have a good show on our hands. We really do. We know what we’re supposed to do. We have talent and ability. Honestly, it’s going to be a question of whether you will continue listening to the direction, and if you continue to make the changes that must occur. It’s not often in life you get the chance to control your own destiny. This is your chance.

STAGE CREW/PROPS
As I’m typing, I’m trying to think of all the items we’re either missing or forgetting. As of this moment, I know we need a “seascape”, which ironically, we were missing the last time we did this play! We’re also missing an effective radio, even though I gave you something to use for now. It seems like there is something else, but I can’t think of it off the top of my head. Oh yes...pictures of Lilly Belle.
I’m a bit concerned about the middle school performances here. I’m not sure who you need, how many you need, and all the rest of the assorted details. I trust you to take care of it. I really do. Take care of it. Oh...and give me a list please so I can send the e-mail this evening.

LIGHTS/SOUNDS
In terms of lights, I think you have a plan, and after yesterday, everything looks better. Again, you have the independent study, so I’m trusting you. If you need something, let me know. I do need cues created because I need to run lights on Thursday. Unless.....do you want to run them on Thursday or Friday for the middle school? Please advise.

Sound is pretty much taken care of, except for one song I don’t like. I am confused as to why you keep missing that one sound? Are you OK? Do you need anything? I’ll assume all is well unless you tell me. Thanks.

COSTUMES: OK...we’re fine in the big picture, but I have some concerns in the particulars: the dress for Fairy at the end, the right hat for Mrs. Savage, any boy’s socks. Accessories, bow ties, belts, and other items would bring me some comfort too. Just say, “it’s all good”, and I’ll be quiet.

ART: Ahh.....Madame Feng Shui.....where do I begin? Keep dreaming. It’s all good with me. I appreciate all of you who have helped with painting, but alas, there’s more. Honestly, if you can stay and help paint tomorrow, it would be great. I really want to put the brushes down for good. Aurelie should be focusing on acting at this point. Help....

MAKEUP: OK....this week, we’ll actually practice some of the makeup. Morgan, you really need to check with me on the extra supplies. Wigs, hair, and the rest need to become a focal point immediately.

TICKETS and USHERING
I know nothing. Do I need to know something? Do we have adults to help with tickets?

CONCESSIONS
I know nothing here either. Do I need to know something? Is Mrs. Newton in the loop still?

PHOTOGRAPHS
Jake....oh Jake......yoohoo......do we have a plan?

RANDOM CONCERNS and NEEDS

I need videographers, photographers, workers, helpers, sleep, rehearsal time, an unlimited spending account at Newegg, a fishing trip, and HELP! Oh...and buy another t-shirt while you’re at it!
P.S. Yeah....I’ll revise this later if necessary. The first one was so much better. Sigh...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im working on getting the seascape.
-alex
p.s. just reminding you i cant come to rehersal monday.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home