The Second Post
SCROLL BELOW TO READ EARLIER POSTS
Each of the following is the feeling I'm left with after watching each show yesterday. Some of this I said already, but after 24 hours or so, this is my overall impression:
1. "An Actor's Nightmare" is still a wild card to me. There are still so many inconsistencies that change from day to day. However, there not in the same place, which makes it hard to say, "fix this!" I do find myself laughing at things that I've seen many times, and I think that's a big plus for a comedy. I hope we can have a really good run tomorrow. That would calm me greatly. Technically...yeah...I'm worried, but I'm not worried that much. Lauran inspired me greatly yesterday, and I hope that everyone else jumps on board of that momentum.
2. "Sorry Wrong Number" is an important piece in this process because it balances the number of comedies. This is one of those shows that is on the verge of becoming a really good production. It doesn't need an overhaul or a massive meltdown; instead, it just needs a tweaking. There...I used "tweaking" in a sentence!
3. "The Chocolate Affair", particularly considering all of the chaos with changing characters so late, is another one of those pieces that could really be good with some minor changes and/or additions. Someone in the cast needs to say, "I'll provide the energy and leadership here", and believe me, it will come together. Timmy really isn't far off the mark at all. In fact, I found his tones to be very accurate. He needs someone to model the right volume and projection...hint...hint...
4. "Childhood" is one of those shows that is not easy to do by any means. It's far more symbolic and complex than it appears at face value. It really requires more clarity at the front end of the play. I realize after reading it again, that there were a multitude of lines in the front end that were lost and/or missed which led to major comprehension issue for me later. MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE FIRST TEN MINUTES ARE COMPLETELY CLEAR, and I'm sure the rest with follow.
MjB
P.S. More coming....
Each of the following is the feeling I'm left with after watching each show yesterday. Some of this I said already, but after 24 hours or so, this is my overall impression:
1. "An Actor's Nightmare" is still a wild card to me. There are still so many inconsistencies that change from day to day. However, there not in the same place, which makes it hard to say, "fix this!" I do find myself laughing at things that I've seen many times, and I think that's a big plus for a comedy. I hope we can have a really good run tomorrow. That would calm me greatly. Technically...yeah...I'm worried, but I'm not worried that much. Lauran inspired me greatly yesterday, and I hope that everyone else jumps on board of that momentum.
2. "Sorry Wrong Number" is an important piece in this process because it balances the number of comedies. This is one of those shows that is on the verge of becoming a really good production. It doesn't need an overhaul or a massive meltdown; instead, it just needs a tweaking. There...I used "tweaking" in a sentence!
3. "The Chocolate Affair", particularly considering all of the chaos with changing characters so late, is another one of those pieces that could really be good with some minor changes and/or additions. Someone in the cast needs to say, "I'll provide the energy and leadership here", and believe me, it will come together. Timmy really isn't far off the mark at all. In fact, I found his tones to be very accurate. He needs someone to model the right volume and projection...hint...hint...
4. "Childhood" is one of those shows that is not easy to do by any means. It's far more symbolic and complex than it appears at face value. It really requires more clarity at the front end of the play. I realize after reading it again, that there were a multitude of lines in the front end that were lost and/or missed which led to major comprehension issue for me later. MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE FIRST TEN MINUTES ARE COMPLETELY CLEAR, and I'm sure the rest with follow.
MjB
P.S. More coming....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home