YESTERDAY'S GRADES
Yesterday's building marathon lasted from 8:00 AM-9:00 PM. Thanks to Mr. Rossen and the help of many people, the set is about 75% finished. Unfortunately, I had very few experienced builders there yesterday. That greatly reduced the effectiveness of the build. Here's the way I see it form yesterday:
Drama I. Of the members who were actually in town, about 75% made it to building day. Several lasted until the last moment. Really, it was a very good showing for this group. It should be.
Drama II. This class had about a 20% showing. However, I realize that many of you have a film deadline, so that makes sense. I really appreciate those of you from this class who spent the day helping us. The Drama I's will be your classmates next year, so that's a good move.
Drama III. Ummm....yeah...well.....not a good showing. I don't even know where you guys are these days. That's disappointing for the most part. I know you're busy. At the very least, you can let me know that you're not going to be there.
Drama IV. Wow....an even bigger disappointment. I begged the Drama I's to dedicate themselves to your show, and they did. Where are you? You haven't graduated yet. Again, at least tell me that you can't make it. For those of you who did stop, and for those who stopped and offered to do anything they could in the future, thanks. That's all I can ask.
Drama V. Sigh....I feel so alone.
In short, we have two very long and difficult weeks ahead of us. At the very least, stop and offer to help. For those of you graduating, you're breaking my heart. You've already left me. There are some obvious exceptions to that but, please, remember where your heart was at this point of your career. The Drama I's deserve the same dedication you received.
MjB
Drama I. Of the members who were actually in town, about 75% made it to building day. Several lasted until the last moment. Really, it was a very good showing for this group. It should be.
Drama II. This class had about a 20% showing. However, I realize that many of you have a film deadline, so that makes sense. I really appreciate those of you from this class who spent the day helping us. The Drama I's will be your classmates next year, so that's a good move.
Drama III. Ummm....yeah...well.....not a good showing. I don't even know where you guys are these days. That's disappointing for the most part. I know you're busy. At the very least, you can let me know that you're not going to be there.
Drama IV. Wow....an even bigger disappointment. I begged the Drama I's to dedicate themselves to your show, and they did. Where are you? You haven't graduated yet. Again, at least tell me that you can't make it. For those of you who did stop, and for those who stopped and offered to do anything they could in the future, thanks. That's all I can ask.
Drama V. Sigh....I feel so alone.
In short, we have two very long and difficult weeks ahead of us. At the very least, stop and offer to help. For those of you graduating, you're breaking my heart. You've already left me. There are some obvious exceptions to that but, please, remember where your heart was at this point of your career. The Drama I's deserve the same dedication you received.
MjB

47 Comments:
Glad to of been some help :D. BTW, i need to know please, are actors staying after school tomorrow? I emailed john but ive yet to get a response, so im trying here now. PS its gallienne and yes i know my username doesnt have my actual name in it. its been giving me difficulty (i dont blog), and i dont have the time to fiddle with it right now. Ill get it changed later :D.
I shall try to be there as much as I can be in the future...even though, I'm not sure what's going on the rest of this week filming for another movie, but I will let you know.
I'm no good at building. I couldn't build to save my life. I think my tech drawing class proved that to me. Although my balsawood tower held up more than everyone (including me) thought it would. But it's probably because I used gobs upon gobs of wood glue and pins. When I do build, it's wonky-looking, not very sturdy, and I tend to use a lot of glue to make up for my building weaknesses. I'm just ranting here, again.
I wasn't supposed to be there, right?
lol...it's ok Chris...we all have certain things we can't do to save our life...I can't stay on task...ask Mr. Bair..or any of my teachers for that matter. haha
Hey, today's Earth Day! Who remembered to hug a tree today? Huh? Anyone? (awkward silence) Actually, I didn't do that either, but I did do a lot of gardening at my mom's house yesterday and today. Peat moss, wilting plants, plastic ponds galore!
(hysterical laughing) Hey, am I supposed to be here tommorow. I'm not in tech department...
There's nothing wrong with not being good at building, no one will think any less of you for showing up. Sometimes, once you've proven you're no good at building, Mr. Bair will ask you to never come to a building day again.
Woo for me and Emily!
I'm sorry I couldn't help more with building, but I'm sure you understand. I'm not that good at it to begin with, but one-handed...
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I just had to finish the movie up. I hope I made up for it to a slight extent today with the signs, and I will be acting coaching every day starting now whenever theres actors as well.
Mr. Bair,
Please check your e-mail, I sent you a message regarding a chair if it is still needed. Please let me know as soon as possible. If you still need it then I can probably get it there tomorrow.... so, yeah. Thanks.
-Devon
Devon has a chair? Ummm...Devon, can you please also send that email to me and/or Katie Haig? My email address is kebrennan@myactv.net and hers is monkeyshine89@aol.com. We'll love you forever!
So, how about I hate blog by Google. I have to recreate a google account every time I post something. If I type my password, it always tells me I have an incorrect password. Can one of you lovely computer minded people help me figure out what's going on?
He he...I just remembered we were supposed to talk to Devon at practice today...oops, sorry Devon.
Kristen,
Only a GOOGLE account works anymore. You can't use your old name or login. You must use a Google account.
MjB
Kristen,
I'm already bringing in the chair tomorrow when I get in from HCC, Bair said it was fine.
-Devon
Sorry I wasn't there today for the rehearsal, but we had filming to do. (Which we finished!) John, I am going to need the songs. So if there is anyway I can get them like, tomorrow, that would be super. Sorry again, I will figure out the cues tomorrow.
Can I be of any more use to anyone?
(Basically does anyone need anymore help with anything)...
...just let me know :)
Wait, the Drama Is are going to be my classmates next year? As in Drama whatever or Cinematography (spelling)?
They will be your classmates in both classes. We will be combining all groups into a Drama IV, III, and II. Then, Cinematography will be separate.
MjB
Alora, there is painting to be done!
Sorry about Saturday, but I definetly fall into the "do not tell to build anything because he will ruin it" category
I know how to build! But you didn't need to know how to build in order to help. There was alot that needed to be done. Not just building.
Rossen
ATTENTION ALL DRAMA MEMBERS:
Tomorrow I will have the sign up sheet for concessions and ticket sales for the play and ushering I am asking that all drama 1 students sign up for concessions. The higher dramas do not have to, however, if they do it would be greatly appreciated. I am putting myself in charge of concession, ticket sales and ushering. If you have any questions about this see me tomorrow or e-mail me (krossen@myactv.net)
Thank You,
Rossen
just out of curiosity, why are the drama 2s, 3s, and 4s exempt when this is the Drama 1's show?
Hey Amanda,
I already have a sheet printed with places for people to put their names for tickets and ushering and such, so you don't have to make one if you don't want to.
When would this said "painting" be taking place?
Amanda, sign me up (even though you can't sign me down) to usher all three nights, or whenever the play is...
Ok mandy talk to me in the morning!
ok, I shall try! I'm normally in the cafeteria.
Ok and bring the page you have printed
PLEASE!!!!!
:)
will do
Oh, I forgot to ask, how does one go about borrowing the soundinator for an event like prom?
Sara,
Borrowing the school's sound system? Hmmmm.... I don't think so. However, it's not mine to lend.
MjB
P.S. Scott, they are not exempt.
DONT FORGET THE MOVIE MR.BAIR! uhhh...what was it...marks brothers i think. lol! just a reminder. thanks! ♥
This comment has been removed by the author.
my mom was wondering if you needed help with concessions or ticket sales. She will be willing to help on everynight except Thursday (when she and her other relatives are coming to watch me.)
Thanks
<3 Kendra (and her mom) <3
The soundinator is not for my personal use, but rather for a formal event known as prom.
Okay, almost all of the props have been found. Yet there is one evil little prop that is determined to stay in hiding. DOES ANYONE HAVE A PARCHISI GAME?!?!?!?! please, dig through your closets or gameroom. If any questions, please feel free to email me Monkeyshine89@aol.com
what has been bought for this production, cause it wouldn't kill us to buy parchisi.
Sara,
I realize that. However, it is not mine to give. You need to talk to Mr. Green.
MjB
Oh, hi.
Ha! Now I've said hi to everyone on the blog, too! I've said hi to everyone!
Hope everyone has a good time this weekend, no matter what you're doing, but most of all, BE SAFE!!! <3
hello everyone,
Is there any way that I can get a picture of Austin that someone took last night? I have a friend who's very interested in seeing it.
I think I'm always improving. It's just that blocking is harder to memorize than lines, and it seems to me that someone changes the blocking every week. Sometimes I don't know when I'm upstaging someone because it doesn't look like I'm in front or behind them when I really am. You get it?
P.S. How did the prom go for everyone who was there (not me)?
I don't have to work for the rest of this week, so I will be there as much as need be!!
Hey, no one answered my question! Please...(makes sad face)
Why does your friend want his picture?
Post a Comment
<< Home