I Have Decided to Start Over
OK....I needed 24 hours to get my perspective back. Now that I have it, I feel like we need to start this process over. Friday was really disappointing and frustrating for me for the most part. I've tried to ponder the reasons why certain issues/problems were occurring, and I think I've pieced it together. I'm going to treat the evening as a one-time event that probably needed to occur. I just hope it doesn't occur again.
Now, I need to reach Dan and Rachel/Rachael to see whether or not they can stay tomorrow night for the 6:30-8:30 time slot. Can anyone help me here? Kasey. We need to get phone numbers into your possession so these moments are possible. Can anyone help here? Otherwise, look at the rehearsal schedule for this week, and make sure you are there when you're supposed to be!
MjB
Now, I need to reach Dan and Rachel/Rachael to see whether or not they can stay tomorrow night for the 6:30-8:30 time slot. Can anyone help me here? Kasey. We need to get phone numbers into your possession so these moments are possible. Can anyone help here? Otherwise, look at the rehearsal schedule for this week, and make sure you are there when you're supposed to be!
MjB

51 Comments:
did all the maps work as intended
Good...guess what.....new video card went kaput on me!
MjB
did you send in the rebate yet or do you still have the upc
I sent the rebate, but I put in for a refund anyway. Why?
MjB
cause if i remember the policy right you cant get return after rebate but you can get replacement cant you
Mr. Bair,
I just want to verify that tomorrow's rehearsal is until 5:30. That is what it says on my schedule, so when you mentioned a "6:30 to 8:30 time slot", it confused me. Even if I don't need to be there, I didn't know such a slot existed. I just want to make sure that I at least only need to be there until 5:30.
Thanks,
Ian
i found 2 copies of Oedipus at colonus
would you like them
Jason,
Can you stop at Thompson's in the morning?
MjB
mr. bair,
im presenting for new movie monday tomorrow. is it ok that the movie i found isnt being released for a few more weeks (march 20) or do you want me to find one thats release date is closer?
never mind.....i found a movie to present.
what is the website that you gave us in class to download youtube vidoes?
Kasey, just get on google and search "youtube downloaders".
There's a good chance that you'll find one there. Mr. Bair said that the other one he gave us was relocated to another web adress. Good luck finding one though!
I left Rachel Powell a message. Hopefully she gets it.
I drive right by thompsons in the morning. If you can't reach Jason, I could probably help with whatever you need.
Try this site Kasey. It's working now.
MjB
http://downloadyoutubevideo.org/
Thanks Alora. I'm hoping Jason gets on soon.
MjB
P.S. What do I need to do to get everyone to visit this site?????
Okay.
Rachel is sorry, but she has dance tomorrow night and therefore she can't stay.
Dan can stay. I didn't hear from Rachael.
ok, thanks.
Are you staying Alora? If so, check with Mandy, Lexi, and Brianna please.
MjB
Brianna and Mandy can stay. I didn't get a hold of Lexi but she should be cool with it unless she has to work or something.
Oh... and yeah I can stay... sorry.
Monday nights are for anyone who has a song, right? Or just certain people?
Text her. She'll get it. Thanks again. Ian and Sarah, read the schedule. It explains Monday nights. No, we don't neither either of you yet. Thanks.
MjB
Aye aye aye.
Alexie can't stay, she has work scheduled. But it'll be okay. I'll practice with her and stuff tomorrow right after school for a while.
Sarah, I don't know if you're supposed to stay. But, I'm always lovin me some Sarah, so you should stay anyway. =] haha
Oh... just kidding... I didn't see Mr. Bairs post.
You make me smile, Alora.
what do you need bair
Can you stop and grab two of the 5" C-clamps in the morning? Every store I went to had 4 and 6.
MjB
P.S. He needs them for tomorrow morning.
as long as their open no problem and you dont care about price
No, he needs them. I foudn one of the missing size 5's. I need two more, and we're covered. Drama account. OK?
MjB
Thanks, Mr. Bair.
I just want to make sure now that when it says: "There will be a break between the two rehearsals", it means that there will be practice until 5:30 and practice from 6:30 to 8:30 on Mondays.
Ian
PS: That being said, I do I have to be at the one until 5:30 this week, right?
I'm confused.. do we have school off today, or is it just a delay?
Its just a delay, Alora.
were the only county still going in the snow
go figure
maybe it's because we have less than an inch and anything on the roads just blows right off. Plus we have pretty good snow plow guys so they clear it all quickly.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. Bair how many guys are there are there in the cast I seriously don't know. The only ones that I know of is the drama II class plus indipendent study with Dan, Cody squared, Ian, Chris.
Hey, Mr. Bair, will you let me know when I need to come in for rehearsals? And how exactly will I rehearse? Just meet with you and Tallon after school or something?
ha finally! it took me about a half an hour to get on this freaking cite... ok sooooo how does this thing work? will this show up on my blog page for further days/posts/whatever?
bair bring in "faulty" card tomorrow for testing
Hey Bair,
Should I take a picture of the glass goblets I have, cause im not so sure they're that mideval looking.
Yes please....
MjB
Hey Mr. Bair I'll be back tomorrow. Have Sarah, Tom, Lexy turn in the audition cds or do I still have to "get in their grill" about the cds?
Mr. Bair,
Sorry, but I seem to have misplaced my background info slip. Not to worry, however, because I believe that it is just lying around my house somewhere. Still, for convenience' sake, may I please get a new one tomorrow? I can fill it in and turn it in while at practice.
Thanks,
Ian
Mr. Bair the best deal is about $279 for an ETC Source Four Ellipsoidal and that is still without bulbs, clamps, and shipping.
Joseph, no one has given me anything other than script money.
Ian, that's fine.
Morgan, thanks. Let's get a final estimate, and then, I'll let my friends in low places see if they can match it. Thanks again.
MjB
Sounds like you are contemplating buying some lights. ETC normally packages the S4s with color frame and C-Clamp, so unless someone is repackaging them the price Morgan mentioned probably includes the C-Clamp.
The thing most people don't realize is that they are normally sold without the plug since some theatres are still twist-lock some are Edison, and some are Stage-Pin, so the cost of the plug as well as the lamp and shipping needs to be figured in. And please don't call them bulbs, call them lamps :-). An A lamp is a bulb, an HPL 575 is not :-).
Also, depending on what beam angles you are looking for if you haven't already you might want to take a look at the S4jrs. Not quite as much light output, can only use the 575W lamps (S4 Full lines can use a 750W lamp), use a different size gobo (M for the jrs, A or B for the full lines), and don't have some of the fancy features (barrel rotation in particular) and changing the lenses out isn't as easy. The S4jrs run about $90 less than the S4 Full Lines from one of the vendors I use on a regular basis (not so much for fixtures but for parts and expendables)
Also when you go to buy the lamps be careful, first off depending on how many you want to stack a circuit you may be limited to the 575W lamps (you can put 3 575W lamps on a 20A circuit, 4 if the breaker is well behaved and you don't leave them on for too long, if you use 750W lamps you are limited to 2 on a 20A circuit, 3 if the circuit is well behaved). There are also 3050K lamps rated at 2000 hours and 3250K lamps rated at 300 hours. The 3250Ks are a little bit brighter in addition to the higher color temperature.
If you need to pick my brain about this stuff feel free to call or email me Mr. Bair. For the shows I do at the church we normally rent 15-20 S4s, in addition to the ones the church owns, so I am very familiar with them. Have actually had to replace the lamp socket in a few of them. If you'd like to compare a S4 full line and an S4jr I can probably get my hands on a 36 degree of each with a little notice. We use them in one of the rooms at the church... I also have access to 19 degree S4 full line, and 26 and 50 degree S4jrs.
Travis,
You were my next contact in this pursuit. Thanks. I won't speak for Morgan, but I really would like to see two of them in action in order to determine the best route. I was having an electrician install them, and yes, the plugs were a question at this point. Thanks.
MjB
P.S. Can I say I had a light bulb go over my head, or do I have to say a lamp went over my head?
Check your e-mail if you get a chance, Mr. Bair.
I'm not sure what sort of time frame you're looking at, but I might be able to get my hands on a few fixtures this Saturday (3/7) or next (3/14). After that I'm not available (nor is the equipment) until April. Our two act dinner theatre production is the 20-22 and 27-29 of March. The first and third Saturdays of April are also possibilities (4/4 and 4/18) I want to avoid the Saturday of Easter weekend since I'm not sure what I might have to pull together for that Sunday, and the fourth Saturday (4/25) the group I work with at the church is going to be doing the show we did in December on the Eastern Shore, so I'll be out of town.
P.S.
I'm being pedantic about this, but would it be me if I wasn't :-). Since the image most people have in their mind when they talk about a light over their heads an A lamp (a normal household light bulb) light bulb is fine. Most lamps for theatrical fixtures aren't bulbous in nature, and consequently aren't referred to as bulbs. Calling them bulbs is kinda like saying the S in fresnel...
Mr. Bair,
Just so you know, I will need to leave rehearsal tomorrow no later than 4:45. I hope that's all right.
Thanks,
Ian
I actually was referring to having an idea. I missed that in the post.
MjB
I knew that's what you were saying, something along the lines of this picture: http://images.inmagine.com/img/moodboard/mbb1220/mwi12200047.jpg . The light in that picture is an "A lamp"
Post a Comment
<< Home