Thursday, March 19, 2009

Saturday

Due to the underwhelming response and interest in rehearsing Saturday, I am going to make it possible to work with anyone who requests it. In other words, if you're interested in working on your songs and character on Saturday, let me know. Otherwise, I'll assume you're not coming.

MjB

57 Comments:

Blogger Green Tea Squirrel said...

I'll be there at whatever time I can get there soonest. I'd like to work on everything; songs, blocking, coverts, everything.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Green Tea Squirrel said...

Are/Would either or both Rachels be coming?

-Daniel

7:28 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Thanks for signing the last post Dan. If you go back and review the archives, you'll see that your user name must make you recognizable, and if not, you must sign your name. Thanks.

MjB

8:20 PM  
Blogger Green Tea Squirrel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Green Tea Squirrel said...

No problem, I sort of realized that after I looked at my first post and wondered who wrote it.

- Daniel

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i wont be around wensday practice and thursday all day i leave for MEPS at wed and have MEPS on thurs of next week

9:17 PM  
Blogger ALORA said...

I'm available for anyone who would like my assistance on Saturday.

I would just need to know some times for when I need to be there.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there when I can . I just need to go over the blocking where we carry Jacob out in the trunk. Also have we done any of the blocking of act 4?

9:54 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

I've done all the blocking of Act IV except for the servants and folks in the bar.

MjB

P.S. Alora, it's looking more like a 5:30-9:30 type thing.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

so...time frame? only 5:30 or later?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Yep.

MjB

10:51 PM  
Blogger Green Tea Squirrel said...

Would anyone have Rachael Burky's cell or a way to contact her? I'd really like to do all of the Anne/Fenton scenes complete with song and everything with her and Rachel now that we have mostly everything accounted for blocking wise.

- Daniel

12:10 AM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

What would be the best time Saturday to come in for acting and singing? Just any time between 5:30 to 9:30?

7:55 AM  
Blogger TLN said...

Musician practice runs 6-9.

There's a chance I can't be there.... That's no reason everyone can't practice! Alora knows the songs and so does Mr. Bair. They can answer any questions you might have about the music.

Tallon (TLN)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Mr. Bair
I will be there tomorrow to work on anything.
-Rachael

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Bair the anwser to your you asked me during class you have the anwser already it is the problem you have tried to fix since last semester the irrational fear of singing, dancing or performing and if you are offended by this I'm sorry.

ps. Tom sorry for the comment earlier I tend to say what I thinking sometimes without realizing it.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Joseph,

While I don't believe this is the place to air one's personal feelings, I'm going to make an exception since you declaration today was public. I understand this fear. I really do. I also know that you knew about it long ago. You auditioned. You accepted a part. You have practiced, and for the record, you sing and dance well.

I just find it unacceptable to make the constant "I'm not doing this" statements. If you're not, then, please, just say, "I'm not doing it, and then, don't do it." However, if you're going to do it, then, stop yammering, and do it. I think you're quite an asset to Drama, and I want you to do this. Again, I just can't take the constant negativity.

MjB

P.S. That goes for all of you. You're in this game, or you're out of this game. Save the complaints. You're definitely draining my spirit.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Mr. Bair!

Even though I'm not exactly sure what I could do if I came tomorrow, I'd still love to come help with something, and I could even work on that dancing while I'm there, so it would be fine if i came tomorrow right?
-Cody James

8:25 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Anyone can work on dancing. After today, we will all need practice. That's not to mean that I think you did poorly. You did fine, but you need to practice a long, long, long time to make it look the way I think it should look.

MjB

8:31 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Understood Mr. Bair! I'll make sure I can be there tomorrow! To practice! Dancing! Fwa!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Tomorrow, I shall be practicing singing and dancing at the same time...that definitely threw me for a loop...and singing with a microphone...and the whole left versus right thing...BUT that is nothing we can't fix with some practice! :D

10:29 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Mr. Bair:
I am sorry for being a bit late, but I would like to come in tomorrow. I could probably be there around 6 if it's ok.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Hey anyone! What time is the earliest that i should show up tomorrow? Thanks!
-Cody James

11:05 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

and sorry if this was mentions earlier, i have a tendency to forget things. a lot.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

and when i say should i mean could. that is the end of my revisions. :D
-Cody James

11:15 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

never mind, my dilemma has been solved. please ignore my past few comments...

11:34 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Sorry again, but this time it is certain. I will not be able to make it tomorrow. My schedule for this particular weekend kind of went KABOOM out of nowhere, and while I believe that no one could possibly understand how much I do truly wish I could come, there are other things that have come in the way. Rest assured, however, that I will not make this a habit.

Just for future reference, by the way, my ability to come will be greatly increased if weekend practices start and end earlier in the day. That would make my parents A LOT happier.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. I am really trying to do whatever I can to pull this together. Sometimes, it is just proving more difficult than I would like.

Ian

11:52 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Mr. Bair,

My mom can be there Monday night, I'll talk to you more about it Monday.

10:08 AM  
Blogger ToM =] said...

I shall be arriving at the school sometime tonight. =]

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Mandy,

Tell your mother that I love her, in that collegial kind of way... Honestly, thank her copiously for me.

MjB

11:23 AM  
Blogger TLN said...

I don't know if any of the pit band checks this, but if they do:

We need to be STARTING at 6, not setting up. Get there with enough time to get set up. You should be setting up your own equipment, not someone else doing it for you.

TLN

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Bair I have a question of a prior job as your indentrured servent. Do the girls need stage shoes too because I still need to get all the guys there shoes so I need to know if the girls need them too so I can get them all.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Yes, they do. We also need to make sure the guys have the correct shoes. I have two pairs in the back of my room. Don't use them until you cover everyone else. OK? Thanks.

MjB

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chey or Arie when you redid the prop room did you seperate the prop by gender like the cloths or are they on one side?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Joe,
My shoe size is 8 according to my shoes. I hope that solves whatever you were trying to tell me at the beginning of rehearsal.
-Cody James

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It help a little but it dosn't all the way because I have to make an estimate because the stage shoes have slightly different measurements then regular shoes.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Well how about this: find something close and we'll check it tomorrow. Does that sound good?
-Cody James

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Yes I left the shoes on the stage I'll move them tomorrow when we go down to the auditorium.

2. Is Cody, Kodi, Kevin, Chris and Ian supposed to be at rehearsal tomorrow because still have to find them shoes?

3. Is Kevin in the same boat as Jacob in reagards to the stage shoes?

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Cody that fine.

ps. Ya don't have to sign your name.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

everything got secured at the end of the night

i e-mailed you the one cart to the school address ill get the rest later

9:41 PM  
Blogger TLN said...

Thank you to everyone at reheasal last night. It was a productive practice. The only thing that needs to change is getting a quicker start; we lost about 20 to 30 minutes just setting up.

Keep Saturday morning and noon time clear; times T.B.A.

TLN

10:52 AM  
Blogger Tyler H. said...

Lost the pass to my old account, so I went ahead and made a new one.

If the new dates for the performance fall on a certain 5/2/09 then i've got to juggle S.A.T.'s that day early in the morning and the performance. I can be there for sure as long as we aren't doing any matinees that day. Just a heads up.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Mr. Bair I now have all the guys stage shoes but what should I do about the girls stage shoes?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

no Tyler, the show would just be the night before, no matinee that day.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bair and anyone interested in new transfer rates for computers
check out this page confusing but makes sense it answers the question you asked me when we were leaving bair
http://www.tmworld.com/article/CA6419189.html

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Thanks. That clarifies that nicely.

MjB

10:01 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Mr. Bair,

Just so you are aware, I will have to leave practice tomorrow at 5:15.

Thanks,

Ian

PS: If you ever need me to come in at lunch and make up some lost time, I'm more than willing to.

10:27 PM  
Blogger *kasey* said...

wait a minute....new dates for performace??? im lost =[

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so for the extra 50 bucks
comparing a quad core 2.66gh/z to an i7 2.63 gh/z the quat is 1333mb/s and the i7 is 4.8gt/s which is 4 time as fast a transfer rate based on the math on that info page

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Travis,

Why do I suspect that you'll be chiming in on this subject soon? I hope so anyway.

MjB

7:35 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

WARNING - Long post with lots of technical detail below.

You're getting into some of the hardware specs that I am not particularly well acquainted with, but I'll try to shed some light on the subject, based on some brief research. In the case of both chips they are quoting transfer rates, without figuring the capacity of the other components, or the width of the data bus. Only once we define those items can we get a real understanding of the comparative bandwidth. A Core2 chip running with a FSB speed of 1333 MHz (also denoted as 1333 MT/s) connected to memory running at the same 1333 MHz has a 64 bit wide data path, giving an effective bandwidth of about 10.6 GB/s per channel (1333*64 bits/8 bits per byte). An i7 model 920 processor with a rating of 4.8GT/s has an effective 16 bit data path so it has an effective bandwidth of about 9.6 GB/s (4.8*1000*16 bits/8 bits per byte). The number of channels also comes into play, given the right chipset a Core2 system can support 2 simultaneous memory channels, doubling the effective bandwidth (that is why memory is installed in pairs, one for each channel). An i7 system can support 3 memory channels tripling the effective bandwidth (assuming the memory is installed in sets of 3, if you only install 2 DIMMs and probably if you install 4 DIMMs it is only going to use 2 channels). So given an optimally configured (but still to specification, I'm not getting into unsupported overclocking) identical Core2 and i7 system you are looking at a max memory bandwidth enhancement in the i7 system of about 50%. If you don't have a third RAM channel there is effectively no difference.

All of that being said, I don't think comparing raw numbers is the most effective way to compare processors. I think performance tests in a well configured system are better guide, personally I'm a fan of the reports that Tom's Hardware does. Since this is probably a cinematography computer I figured the Premiere Pro CS3 HDTV benchmark was the most meaningful one (http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/Premiere-Pro-CS3-HDTV,Marque_fbrandx14,833.html). I'm not sure exactly which processor models you are looking at, but I took a guess and figured that based on what Jason said it is probably something along the lines of the i7 920 and the Core2 9450. For those two models the test showed a roughly 20% performance improvement moving from the Core2 9450 to the i7 920. Keep in mind that with the Core2 you can depending on the motherboard use less expensive DDR2 RAM (although you will take a performance hit) or DDR3 RAM. The i7 requires DDR3 RAM.

I hope this helps clarify things.

Two tangential items, have you placed a order for lights, or are you still comparing vendors etc? And I've gotten thoroughly hooked on playing Puerto Rico on the computer, thanks for a new way to waste time :-).

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Travis,

Thanks. You are verifying what I have read, and yes, I visit those sites too. The debate is whether or not we're really going to see an increase that justifies the extra money. I'm still not sold. Yes, the computer is for Cinematography. Specifically, it is for an animation program that has been lagging on our systems, despite their quality components.

On the lights front, I needed to talk to you anyway. Can you give a call? It's a long story...

MjB

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

OH....now you need to play Puerto Rico with some live folks. You'll notice quite a difference in strategy. What are you doing tomorrow night or Saturday night?

MjB

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/290/wkrp-in-cincinnati-fish-story

Ian....please examine the behavior of the definitively slow-reflexed man in the experiment.

MjB

6:44 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

With regard to the cost/performance it looks to me like the i7 920 in a vacuum is at a great spot on the price/performance curve. Where I starts to question the value is when you add the cost of a compatible motherboard in. A quick look gives me the impression that the LGA 1366 motherboards are about $100 more than comparable LGA 775 boards

With regard to the lights, I sent an email to your school account with my phone number, would rather not post that on a public blog, I get enough telemarketing calls as it is...

This weekend is the second weekend of my show at the church, so I'm pretty busy all weekend. Once I get through this weekend things slow down somewhat assuming I don't have to spend the next three weekends driving trailers to the eastern shore for our show down there. (Long story, the group I work with had two vans they used to tow trailers, now they have 0, still figuring out how to make our show down there.)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Thanks, Mr. Bair. I would have posted earlier, but there was an error with the site, and it would not let me.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Mr. Bair,

I think it would be benficial if you were to show example videos like the ones from last play again.(except character appropriate obviously)That was really helpful.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home