Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Third Post

AGAIN, SCROLL BELOW TO READ EARLIER POSTS!!!!


Analysis of Plays Continued.....

5. "THE GAME" seems to be understood, prepared, and on the right track. However, I found it to be lacking in energy. It was getting late, and perhaps you were a little tired. However, I just view life and death with a bit more intensity than I saw yesterday. I'm certain that the absence of Sarah, this was an issue. The newest member of your cast needs to work a bit more on being different than she is in her other plays, but she's a talented one, so just make that clear to her.

6. "The Anniversary" reminded me of how much I love Chekhov. Every time I think I need to give him a rest, he just somehow manages to make an appearance. This cast seemed to be having "one of those days" yesterday. Despite this, I could see how close you and what needs to be done. I would just like to remind everyone in this cast that Chekhovian characters must be played as "exaggerations" of reality. I would like Alora to watch this and give her two cents.

7. "The...Dr. Moreau" started so poorly last night, and the second run was exponentially better. There are four of you in this show who will ultimately determine its success because you have a tendency to be late on lines, cues, motifs, etc. It's more than just energy; it's all about pace. This is truly one of the best one-act plays there is. It really has unlimited potential. We've made progress, and I am REALLY interested to see whether our absent Sayer of the Law notices the difference. We'll see....Nic.....you must not be Nic.

MjB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home