The Week in Review
This Week in Boonsboro High School Drama
Drama I: This week, we had our second poetry presentations, and we focused on giving each other honest and accurate feedback. Then, the second half of the week was the enunciation/pronunciation activities that included the always famous phone call home to Mother and Papa Bair for the glorious Pittsburgh accent. THIS WEEKEND: Drama I's are memorizing their poem for the final opportunity to be invited to the Poetry Out Loud Competition. We will perform on Wednesday.
Cinematography/Digital Photography: This week and next are seminal lessons in photography. We learned how the digital camera actually works, and that of course, included a visit from the world famous "bucket guy." We also covered ISO's this week, shot some low light situations, and we learned how to do some basic editing through a program called, "Fast Stone Image Viewer." If GIMP is too much and the Microsoft Editor is too little, then I think this might be the greatest freeware since Firefox! Go to CNET.com and search for it. It's really great for the beginner to mid-range photographer. THIS WEEKEND: We're shooting "Shadows and Silhouettes." I took some really good photographs on the way home last night that I'll try to post later. I was worried about the weather, but on the way home last night, the Good Lord gave me the perfect scenario.
Drama III's: This was an important, yet difficult week. We spent most of the week in the auditorium building shelves, arranging closets, and truly rearranging/purging the prop room. While this was occurring, we were choosing plays for the first student-directed productions that are scheduled to be performed on October 7th. Coming in late October and/or early November, we'll be performing "The Bear", and they'll be at least one other title with that. Then, in December, we'll see an MjB-Directed piece that will include Drama I's or Drama III's, or both. Too many factors to be determined as of this writing. Regardless, rehearsals will begin in earnest on Monday.
EVERYONE WHO HASN'T TURNED IN THE FACEBOOK PERMISSION SLIPS! Please make a focused effort to do this as soon as possible. We are within five persons of being able to post what we have been doing. Please finish the form this weekend! See you!
MjB
Drama I: This week, we had our second poetry presentations, and we focused on giving each other honest and accurate feedback. Then, the second half of the week was the enunciation/pronunciation activities that included the always famous phone call home to Mother and Papa Bair for the glorious Pittsburgh accent. THIS WEEKEND: Drama I's are memorizing their poem for the final opportunity to be invited to the Poetry Out Loud Competition. We will perform on Wednesday.
Cinematography/Digital Photography: This week and next are seminal lessons in photography. We learned how the digital camera actually works, and that of course, included a visit from the world famous "bucket guy." We also covered ISO's this week, shot some low light situations, and we learned how to do some basic editing through a program called, "Fast Stone Image Viewer." If GIMP is too much and the Microsoft Editor is too little, then I think this might be the greatest freeware since Firefox! Go to CNET.com and search for it. It's really great for the beginner to mid-range photographer. THIS WEEKEND: We're shooting "Shadows and Silhouettes." I took some really good photographs on the way home last night that I'll try to post later. I was worried about the weather, but on the way home last night, the Good Lord gave me the perfect scenario.
Drama III's: This was an important, yet difficult week. We spent most of the week in the auditorium building shelves, arranging closets, and truly rearranging/purging the prop room. While this was occurring, we were choosing plays for the first student-directed productions that are scheduled to be performed on October 7th. Coming in late October and/or early November, we'll be performing "The Bear", and they'll be at least one other title with that. Then, in December, we'll see an MjB-Directed piece that will include Drama I's or Drama III's, or both. Too many factors to be determined as of this writing. Regardless, rehearsals will begin in earnest on Monday.
EVERYONE WHO HASN'T TURNED IN THE FACEBOOK PERMISSION SLIPS! Please make a focused effort to do this as soon as possible. We are within five persons of being able to post what we have been doing. Please finish the form this weekend! See you!
MjB

3 Comments:
Bucket Guy? D'aww I'm sad I missed it!
Ahhhhh Mr. Bair I can come see the student directed plays now! I'm so happy!
He can be found at Michaelthementor.com
MjB
Post a Comment
<< Home