Here's What I Can Tell You....
I am using EVERYONE who auditioned for the play. Now, whether or not you get the part you want, I cannot tell you until Ana auditions. Therefore, EVERYONE who wants to be in this play should be prepared to stay after school on Monday from 3:45-5:30. Hopefully, following Ana's audition, I'll be able to declare parts.
For Monday, it really doesn't matter. We need to read the play and go through the essence of my vision for this. For the guys, I can declare parts now. I'm avoiding that since many females will be playing males. Then, that starts a new trickle of problems. In short, if you want to be in this play, I need you after school on Monday.
I will give you a rehearsal calendar for the next six weeks on Monday. That should end all confusions and frustrations with parents. If you don't want to be part of this for any reason, I need to know NOW! What's on your mind?
MjB
P.S. You should be warned that I am considering a multitude of ideas including gender changes of characters and "double casting." I just don't want you to be surprised when I do that.
For Monday, it really doesn't matter. We need to read the play and go through the essence of my vision for this. For the guys, I can declare parts now. I'm avoiding that since many females will be playing males. Then, that starts a new trickle of problems. In short, if you want to be in this play, I need you after school on Monday.
I will give you a rehearsal calendar for the next six weeks on Monday. That should end all confusions and frustrations with parents. If you don't want to be part of this for any reason, I need to know NOW! What's on your mind?
MjB
P.S. You should be warned that I am considering a multitude of ideas including gender changes of characters and "double casting." I just don't want you to be surprised when I do that.

16 Comments:
Do you need extra people? Is that what you are saying by double-casting? What do you want me to help with?
Much Love
Rossen
Purple is a good color on Ryan!
:)Rossen
I know I didn't audition, but I might be able to help out...even as a tree.
By the way, Ryan you look very nice as Tinky Winky, where is your magic bag?
alright - any thoughts on what youre doing with leonato yet?
...Oh...wow...interesting picture there Bair....hmm...
sounds good, see you tommorow.
Mandy, it is in essence a purse. The creators of the show refered to it as a magic bag.
Will there be publicity for this show (program)? I might be interested in doing it if so.
What happens if the crazy, snow-phobic Board of Ed people keep us home tomorrow?
And that's a good color on you, Ryan.
umm...can someone clarify what 'double-casting' is exactly?
kdawg - Double casting is when two people are cast in the same part, and they alternate rehearsing and performing. If you saw Wizard of Oz, we double cast Dorothy and Glinda. They took turns rehearsing, and they each got two performances each.
Mr. Bair - Any thoughts on music yet? I emailed you like you said on the post, but haven't heard back yet.
Adam
Wait, that's confusing. Let me clarify. We double cast both parts, with two people each. We did not have people cross between Dorothy and Glinda. There. I think that works.
Adam
gotcha...that's what I thought, but you can never be sure with bairman
Double casting...as in "The Glass Menagerie." Double casting.
MjB
Understood!
Rossen
Scott: Yeah, I know. It got messed up in the switch between my blogger and google account (my account is set up for the new blogger, but this blog is the old one, and every time I sign in, I lose what I typed). I usually copy and paste between the two sign-ins if I forget to sign in first; I typed "two" the first time and then edited it, but I had copied it before I caught the mistake, so it pasted the mistake and I didn't catch it the second time.
Wow, that was really involved. I could have probably just said "Yeah, I know."
Adam
Post a Comment
<< Home