Friday, January 12, 2007

STARTING OVER


Well, the last four years have been amazing. We have really managed to complete some amazing projects, productions, and yes, discussions that made Kelly go crazy. I have learned a great deal in that time. I realize how blessed I have been, and I thank each of you for your time, dedication, and love towards this program.

As I said today, I have to block my emotions. I have to insulate myself because this does happen to me every four years. Please don't allow my stoicism to alarm you. It's a protective coating. I care for each of you very dearly. That will never change.

Now, it's time for the breeze to blow, and it's time for the winds of change to play their part. I am rewriting the Drama dream. I am keeping that which makes Drama wonderful, and I'm about to incorporate some things that I hope will solidify the experience for those of you who are going to be in the program for three to four years.

Don't be alarmed. At first, some of my changes might seem harsh and perhaps even a bit unnecessary. They have been carefully considered. In order for the Drama machine to function a bit smoother, I need to rebuild the engine. That starts with me. However, why rebuild the engine and put on the same old dented, scratched, and color-faded body? No... it must look like a new vehicle, feel like a new vehicle, even if the parts inside are essentially the same.

Thus, on Wednesday, we'll be turning the page on a new chapter in Drama. Please stay tuned to the BLOG this weekend because I suspect that some large announcements are on the way. The breeze is already blowing, and a gale is sure to follow. You may choose to sit and enjoy the breeze, or you can fly with it.

This extended metaphor has been brought to you in part by Kellogg's. Kellogg's, because your best day starts with breakfast!

MjB

17 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I like extended metaphors, but sponsors suck. But, seriously, I will not be participating in the spring production(s). I have agreed to do any specialty work that needs done (i.e. music, coaching, chainmaille, etc.), but in general I will not be in the show. It's been the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but I think I'm making the right one. I will miss you all and try to stop by rehearsals whenever I can. I love you all and will miss you terribly as a fellow Drammarian. Thank you for a memorable and enjoyable four years.

Adam

10:05 PM  
Blogger RenataS said...

*snaps flying goggles on* lets go Mr. Bair....

10:57 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Ummm...how will the new wind affect those of us who are only in it for one or two new shows? Are we about to get windblown? Although, metaphorically speaking, we are what said wind is blowing away...Okay, enough extended metaphor. What's next?

12:11 AM  
Blogger E_to_the_mily said...

i really liked that post.

nice metaphor.

yes.

im excited and ready to assist in any way possible.



... where ever the path may lead ...

10:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

just writing to say that i saw the blog, a rare phenomenon indeed.
and i intend to fly as much as i can.
~Birky

12:19 PM  
Blogger Beth S* said...

I will miss everybody graduating... some of you guys were responsible for me becoming active in drama. Yup but- hey we still have a production coming up- YAY-

Change... hmmm... im curious... but am so excited about drama coming up on Wednesday- :)))

12:44 PM  
Blogger rossen said...

Ok...ready for take off...what exactly did I miss when I had to leave early Friday?

Rossen

12:59 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Chchchanges turn and face the strain...I figured this was an approriate lyric for the post (even though I consider it the theme song to Family Life..)
Will I be seeing a change in the future? I am rather looking forward to Wednesday and upcoming blog post involving "wind."
To those that are graduating in June I would like to say farewell and thank you for the guidance, the shows, and the memories. Drama without you will be very strange to me next year.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Why is everybody saying goodbye now? We've got five more months!

4:30 PM  
Blogger rossen said...

Dee that was b-e-a-utiful!!!!!!!!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger rossen said...

Just for the recard I did not say GOODBYE...so it is totally not me...I am emotional but...its not over.It is the beginning of a new adventure!

Rossen

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

While I'm going to be in Drama next semester, I will still miss seeing that class every day. If you don't mind me asking Adam, why are you not acting next semester? You have all been a great group of people for me to be involved with, lets hope that is continued to at least a close extent next semester.

On the bright side, I am going to need the most gigantic ball of extras I can find for a movie im making next semester, so I will pester everyone violently to see me again, hooray! (Sorry for the shameless plug, but hey, i've got to get the ball rolling, clear your schedules!)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Well, while we're waiting for the earth shattering news to come out, anyone want to see a movie with me tomorrow? Children of Men is supposed to be really good.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

It's a lot of different things, Will. Time is the biggest thing, but more importantly, I just need to move on. I feel cramped. I might have been spoiled by working with other theatre groups, but I think I am outgrowing BHS Drama. Now, please don't misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm really not trying to be high and mighty, or suggest that I am above Drama. I just need to move in a different direction, that's all. I'll still be involved in theatre, and I'm planning to major in music theatre at Shenandoah, but I don't think BHS is where I need to invest myself at the moment.

Adam

3:38 PM  
Blogger kdawg_izzle said...

just so everyone knows...

i broke my big toe earlier in my life because i thought i could fly...superman ain't got nothin' on me

and I LOVE EVERYONE!

P.S. Dee-ANNA! i will most definately give you more attention than a hug and a Hey in the hallway...if you catch my drift *wink wink*....pervert

4:58 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Wow, KDawg. Just...wow.

8:04 PM  
Blogger kdawg_izzle said...

I know, I know...little daredevil KDawg...AWESOME!!!!!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home