Thursday, November 29, 2007

How Was Medea?

I sent all of the field trip folks with a copy of Medea. How far did you read? What don't you understand? How did it go? Help!!!!

MjB

40 Comments:

Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Medea is like a cross between Oedipus Rex and An Ideal Husband. We got as far as where Medea tries to give poisoned gifts to her ex-husband's bride, but she doesn't take them. Now she's all sad.

How was the field trip?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

I'm writing my final paper for my lit class on Medea. Anyone have insights I can steal?

11:25 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Yesterday, they left out "Under God" in the morning pledge of Allegiance. That was creepy...

7:33 AM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Today's my birthday! I'm so happy!

11:01 AM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I watched my favorite TV show today! "Six Star Knives" on TV Guide! It's about a group of knives with superpowers, such as the ability to never get dull, the ability to cut through anything, and they have individual superpowers; Huntsman Knife is flexible, Chop & Serve Knife can cut AND serve justice, Shears can cut through plants that may surround hapless victims, and others. Their theme song explains that a man known only as "Ron" took ordinary kitchen knives and genetically altered them in his kitchen-lab, turning them into the superknife team Six Star Knives! Their mission is to save the world from evil fruits, vegetables, and meats - by slicing and dicing them up! There was a montage of clips from past episodes, such as one where they cut up an onion before he could make people cry.

In today's episode, the team got a new member: Paring Knife. The other members tried to make him feel at home, but Huntsman Knife did not like the newcomer. However, they had to put aside their differences when the evil Hammerhead arrived. The Steak Knife Squadron cut through him, banishing Hammerhead to the dark depths of the trash can (they kept his filings as a trophy). Paring Knife became accepted.

I love this show because it promotes friendship and teamwork (the team touts their $800 value), humility (they cut through hammer heads, and then they cut through tomatoes immediately afterwards), talents (each knife has a different power), and traditional values (the knives shared power is that they always stay sharp in the face of adversity). They claim at the end of the episode that YOU, too, can be a Six Star Knife if you just believe in yourself (and you send them three easy payments of $13.33). They have a lot of merchandise. They even made a entire knife set based on the show! Who woulda thunk?

I was disappointed that today's episode seemed to be the same as last week's episode.I kept thinking that all through watching the show. I think the show is in reruns. That must be a popular episode, if they're reruning it two times in a row. Production probably stopped because of the Writers' Guild strike. Let's hope it resumes production soon. It's on TV Guide Saturday mornings, 10:00, runs half-hour. Everyone should watch it!

12:00 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

uuummm... Chris, How is this relevent at all to Drama?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Who cares if its relevant! It's Chris's birthday! Happy Birthday Chris! Express yourself!

MjB

1:23 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Mr. Bair, how was the show last night? The Wild Christmas Binge or something?

And Happy Birthday, Chris!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!

And Julia...trust me...you don't even want to know about the show last night.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's true Julia...you really don't...

5:44 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Well... I can't say I'm surprised... but I do hope sometimes.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

8:06 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!
Medea was very interesting. It is very Greek-y.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Oh, and Brennan? My insights on Medea...

If you're kind of right and the granddaughter of Helios you can get away with anything!

3:24 PM  
Blogger sara said...

I think most of us understood the happenings of Medea, the translation was very clear...maybe a little too clear in some areas.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bair--
when would be a good time for me to drop by and hangout/help out?
My work finally let me have some free time!

7:57 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

What show are you talking about?

11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We're talking about Mrs. Bob Cratchet's Wild Christmas Binge at HCC. It wasn't very good, be glad you didn't see it Chris.

9:09 AM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

Hey hey hey!

I have a reward for those of you who can help the prop-department!

*Contesto!*

The Props-department needs some help, and as a reward for that help, I'm holding a contest to see who can help me the most!

We need the following props... and I'm sure all of you has atleast one of them!

A coat rack
A pimp cane
A green glasses case
A pocket watch
A pretty little fan (the foldy ones)

Now for the contest part--

The first person to present ALL of these things gets TWO free movie tickets and a ten dollar concession gift card.

You can work together, but the reward remains the same and is given to whomever presents the props to me, distribute it amongst yourselves.

*Mr.Bair, could you please announce this to the class? Since only a few of us seems to read the blog.

8:23 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

What's a pimp cane?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

Chris a "pimp" cane is a straight cane with no curve at the top its just the street name for it i guess

8:52 PM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

it's a straight cane, with a nobby thing on top....

Like it's not like a Candy Cane, which is curved, it's more like an upscale walking stick... I call it a pimp cane because pimps are the ones who usually walk with one.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a pocket watch, I don't have anything else, but I do have that.

9:28 PM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

Get together with someone who does have the other stuff and you shall recieve a prize! {Also, I understand if you can't turn in everything at once, so I guess the deadline is this Friday}

9:33 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I ONCE had a pocket watch. It gave up.

9:37 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I ONCE had a pocket watch. It gave up.

9:37 PM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

It doesn't have to work!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there already a coat rack in either the prop room or loft?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

If I remember right, we finally laid that one to rest around the time of "Curious Savage." It was broken in many places, and the tape just wasn't holding it anymore.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they should get rid of it then; it was still there at Thanksgiving.

3:43 PM  
Blogger RenataS said...

Well there wasnt a coat rack in the prop room when I cleaned and organized last spring...however there are fans (yes the pretty little foldy ones) they should be in the accessories box...assuming thats still intacked...actually there were three of them...all functioning. Also there should be a straight cane somewhere in the prop room. I know I moved it at least three times....

5:36 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Are you feeling better, Mr. Bair?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

Mr. Bair it soooo smells like snow! and almost everyone was at the store...i know cuz i was there...and i did all my homework and have my pj in side out so it better snow if it doesnt u can smack me in the head and call me a name but n e way ... it will snow!!
Cheyenne

9:08 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Today I heard on the radio that Santa likes chocolate chip cookies. I'm gonna annoy him and leave out raisin cookies! See what he thinks then?

9:52 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I am not in favor of coming here on Christmas Day. But how about New Years' Eve? We could all celebrate the end of the year together!

9:53 PM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

Kristen is right, we no longer have a coat rack. As for a straight cane, I cannot find one, but I can find several curved canes *I guess it was eaten by the prop monster?!* I have been looking for pretty little fans, I still haven't found any, but thanks for the tip, I may have hope yet!

*Oh, and guys, I'm dead serious,get me the props and get the tickets*

***Happy Hanukkah! (smiles because I have eaten my weight in Matzo and crispy donuts)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

HA i told u Mr.Bair it's snowing rite now it might have not snowed last night but it is now! thats what counts it still snowed. lol
Cheyenne

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

hey, let me know if you can't find a green glasses case. For the first time I have something for props and I'm not at home but I can still get it to the school if need be.

P.S.- I want to visit and help over my break!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home