I Wish....

You would read all of this before you scanned to the bottom and looked at the cast list. I realize that this is an unrealistic idea. Thus, I wait for you to read, and then, I'll hope that you return to the top when you're finished reading. I'll wait.....
OK....one of the nice things about having Ms. Ford aboard....that rhymes....is that I have someone to confirm or refute my casting. I see things one way, but someone else might see it another way. Luckily, she helped verify and select this cast. She has officially been named Assistant Director.
Casting is never fun or easy. That is particularly true when it comes to smaller casts. However, today's audition was really more of the style audition you will encounter if you ever decide to act beyond our doors. I liked today's style much better than the way I traditionally do it.
There were many factors that contributed to finalizing the decisions. Basically, there were three principle female parts. At the end of the day, there were five girls who demonstrated enough to earn those three spots. Thus, we had to trim that list to three, and here were the factors we used:
1. Were the lines memorized. (That's a fair assessment.)
2. Did the lines contain tones. (This is a sign of real work.)
3. How clear is your schedule? (Incredibly important at this point!)
4. How deserving are you, seniority, dedication, etc. (Didn't factor into this much.)
Now, for those of you elected to be understudies. I promise you a performance with some semblance of an audience. I realize that being an understudy isn't easy or glamorous. Very few people see it through until the end. However, I believe that there is a great value in being an understudy. First of all, you're the backup plan. Secondly, you get to learn a lot about acting. Finally, you did get a show. It's ultimately your choice.
Either way, I need you to accept or refuse your placements tomorrow. I need to plan and move on. I am not casting the secondary parts tonight because I need to make revisions. I don't want to assign a part, and then, find that I need to edit the character from the play. I hope you understand that. Besides, I'm going to focus on the central characters for the first week.
Central characters and understudies should begin memorizing lines immediately. I need to meet with all of you tomorrow to verify a schedule. Also, I need to give you a revised copy of the script for tomorrow. OK? If you have questions or complaints, BRING THEM TO ME ONLY. I will listen and explain. However, don't make a public outcry. OK?
CAST LIST FOR "THE IDEAL HUSBAND"
Senator Robert Chilton......Galen McGrane
Senator Goring Caversham.......T. J. Curtis
Sentator Caversham Sr..........Matt Johnson
Victor De Jacque...................Kyle Gallienne
Mason....................................Kodi Pfeiffer
Phipps.....................................Chris George
Gertrude Chilton.............Beth Stranathan
Brittany Green (Understudy)
Miss Chevellie.....................Julia Friedrich
Lexi Flook (Understudy)
Mabel..................................Brianna Miller
Krissy Peck (Understudy)
MjB
P.S. Brianna Miller....SEE ME FIRST THING IN THE A.M.

25 Comments:
Congrats to everyone on the parts! Mr. Bair, when are you going to announce who's going to have other roles, such as producer and indentured servant?
I'm excited... congrats everyone :-)
Congrats to everyone! AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt. I get to be black.(TJ's father)
by the way, I did read everything before I looked at casting. Its not ridiculous
As did I. Actually, I was very proud of myself. haha.
Ms. Ford? I'm guessing you don't mean the Merry Wives of Windsor character . . .
Congrats everyone!
hahaha so i forgot to post last night that krissy peck was having major computer issues. First she was missing a cord to get power and then she didnt have her captured project.... just a blank disc so she wanted me to post to let you know mr. bair.
and im guilty of skimming to the bottom... but i definately did go back up and read the rest!
Let me know what I can help with!!!!! I would love to have the date for build day. Just let me know!!!!!
Congrats to all!!!!
Rossen
Ooh, yes, post build days and I will maybe be able to come help too! I'm coming home this weekend, but not til Friday night, so I can't come in to school to visit :(
Congrats to everyone who got parts, and I WILL be there to see the show!
~Michelle
I wonder...who's going to be the smaller parts, like Harold and James? Are those going to be edited out?
What was the old way you did auditions?
I read the whole wheat thing!
the old way of doing auditions was everyone took turns on stage saying their lines and acting with others. There was fighting, and sometimes all out mauling to get on stage, it was quite dangerous. I believe that this was is MUCH safer. haha
Costumes...Cherelle's...Awesome.
I need an official home. Please, give me a home. I feel like I am wasting precious time.
Yes, Charelle's was... interesting. We shall tell you of our discoveries tomorrow, Mr. Bair.
Congratulations everybody!
If anyone needs any help with anything after Nov. 16th, let me know!
Ill probably only be able to do big events in December, but if anyone needs any coaching or painting or anything before
that, let me know.
Have fun!
Were you born in 1965? Because that was the day of the New York City Blackout. 40 is the new 20.
Mr. Bair, I would really like to have a conversation with you tomorrow at some point.
Mr. Bair,
Did you get my email?
Julia....OK.
Sarah Strunk.....YES?
Chris...yes, it was 1965. I was such a powerful entity that an entire city lost its power. Sigh...
MjB
I DID IT MR. BAIR I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!! after like 20 million tries lol c u in class
♥
cheyenne
Mr. Bair, how do you creat links on this thing cuz i am crating my page n i want to add a link so that i can come to the this site and the cinamotography. if you could tell me in class that would be fantastical!
thanks
i ♥ u all
Cheyenne
That is funny Mr. Bair because the day I was born there was a major earthquake in California!
Rossen
Great people come into the world in great ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the day I was born, The Ukraine held referendum elections to determine their independence from the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union officially dissolved 26 days after I was born. Great people come into the world in great ways!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home