Oh by the way...do you need help before the play? I am not that great at make-up :( but I can help with hair or taping people (wink wink):)or even taking pictures.
I just want to say that the cast is improving so much, you guys are really getting good!
Julia- You are doing a great job! You are highly detailed, kind, and understanding, which I feel is very importaint in a director. However, don't let the cast and crew walk all over you, remember, YOU are in charge, not them.
Sara Holder- Good job producing, you have been very helpful in costumes and props.
Cast- I do have some comments that pertain to the show. I noticed that you guys tend to lag, remember to jump on those lines folks! Audience cast, this is a major problem for you and me because I rely on your one of your lines to close the curtain, you have to JUMP on that line "Boy, what a killing!" On a postive note, your coverts improved after that covert exercise, keep that exercise in mind, because I saw some really good expressions. Remember, that nearly 90% of what we communicate is through BODY LANGUAGE!
Mr.Bair, I really don't want to say anything, but I feel I must. Remember to be extra loud on that second "Go Home" in your last line. I use that as a curtain cue as well, and sometimes I can't here it, not goood!
Cast, remember to be quiet offstage, I'm working and I need to concentrate, and you guys need to use that offstage time to focus, not talk. Also, girls, please walk on your toes, take your shoes off, or sit down while offstage, heels make a lot of noise and you can hear it very well in the audience.
You all have improved so much that it makes me proud. I know that Murder Is Fun will be a sucess if we all work together!
~Katie (AKA Propmaster Mixy Mix) (I made it up when I was wearing the fun little walkie talkie during C.S. I fet like a rapper) (lol)
Good luck tomorrow everyone! I know you can do it! just remember what Julia and Mr. Bair have told you, and you'll do fine. I'll be rooting for you from side stage!
I thought Kyle was going to be Doctor! What happened here???
It felt like they were pointing at me sometimes.
Most of the audience cast was clustered around where I sat. Only one person was in the front. What's up with that?
I think I saw someone cross in front of someone while that person was talking.
All in all, I liked it. It felt like one of those 3D movies, where you put on the glasses, and instead of ugly red and blue, it looks like the characters pop out of the screen.
I will explain everything tomorrow, there is a method to my madness, so please don't take whatever I said personal. Sorry to everyone, as I said, you ALL (yes, even Mr.Bair doesn't know) what my exact problem is.
Hey... I just wanted to say be careful on the roads... even though they can't read it at the current moment, I hope that those going to Tobey's drive carefully as the roads are rather dangerous and I couldn't help but worry as I passed two accidents on 270 on the way to work...
hey so mr. bair... ive spent the majority of the last two days reading plays and stuff... and ive found a few titles... i tried to e-mail you but my e-mail is so weird and shot them both back... well here are a few titles
-Arcadia by Tom Stoppard -Death of a Sale's man by Arthur Miller -A Doll's house by Henrik Ibsen -AFool for Love by Sam Shepard -Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen -Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen -An ideal husband by Oscar wilde
I really, reallllllly like this Henrik IBsen guy. Most of his plays have more or equal to female roles, and i love like all of his stories. Im not exactly sure all these are deemed school appropriate but they all met the requirements of having a majority of female roles. Ill post again if i find more!!!!!!!!!
Although this is coming a bit late, I had an idea for what we can do for a play. It was have someone in here write their own play and direct it on the stage. You obviously wouldn't have to pay royalties, and it would be easy for the writer/director to be "married" to the play, since they wrote and know everything about it. The other day I read in the paper about two Smithsburg kids that wrote and directed at play at Smithsburg. I think it's either today or tomorrow, I forget. But if Smithsburg did it, why can't we? It's also November. There's this guy who says you can write a 20,000 word novel and get it published within 30 days (month of November). This year, he's apparently doing a program where you write a 10,000 word stage or screenplay. Yeah. Just a notice.
It's a nice idea, but you'd need a lot more time. When we did Joan of Arc, Mr. Bair started preparing . . . what, 3 months in advance? Four? It's not as easy as it sounds.
Yes, some kids at Smithsburg did write a play. It's still showing tomorrow night and Saturday at 7:30. I think I'm going. It should be interesting. An inside contact at Smithsburgm, as biased as he may be, has told me it's funny and that tonight's show "rocked". So, it should be interesting.
33 Comments:
I SHALL BE THERE!!!
I L-O-V-E THE POSTER! It is very mysterious.
I will be there, wouldn't miss it for the world. I am so excited.
Rossen
Oh by the way...do you need help before the play? I am not that great at make-up :( but I can help with hair or taping people (wink wink):)or even taking pictures.
Just post here to let me know!
Rossen
its only on thursday?
Prettiful . . . I have to miss it! :( :( :( (Sad face and tears)
Well... I know I'll be there :)
I just want to say that the cast is improving so much, you guys are really getting good!
Julia- You are doing a great job! You are highly detailed, kind, and understanding, which I feel is very importaint in a director. However, don't let the cast and crew walk all over you, remember, YOU are in charge, not them.
Sara Holder- Good job producing, you have been very helpful in costumes and props.
Cast- I do have some comments that pertain to the show. I noticed that you guys tend to lag, remember to jump on those lines folks! Audience cast, this is a major problem for you and me because I rely on your one of your lines to close the curtain, you have to JUMP on that line "Boy, what a killing!" On a postive note, your coverts improved after that covert exercise, keep that exercise in mind, because I saw some really good expressions. Remember, that nearly 90% of what we communicate is through BODY LANGUAGE!
Mr.Bair, I really don't want to say anything, but I feel I must. Remember to be extra loud on that second "Go Home" in your last line. I use that as a curtain cue as well, and sometimes I can't here it, not goood!
Cast, remember to be quiet offstage, I'm working and I need to concentrate, and you guys need to use that offstage time to focus, not talk. Also, girls, please walk on your toes, take your shoes off, or sit down while offstage, heels make a lot of noise and you can hear it very well in the audience.
You all have improved so much that it makes me proud. I know that Murder Is Fun will be a sucess if we all work together!
~Katie (AKA Propmaster Mixy Mix) (I made it up when I was wearing the fun little walkie talkie during C.S. I fet like a rapper) (lol)
yes Chris, the show is only on thursday, this is a once in a life time cahnce.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hello dearests,
Unfortunately, I told a fib in my last post. I will not be able to make it to the show; I scheduled my brief homecoming for the wrong weekend. Drats!
But you'll all have a bang-up time, I'm sure. Congrats to Julia for her efforts while directing.
Peace,
John
Good luck tomorrow everyone! I know you can do it! just remember what Julia and Mr. Bair have told you, and you'll do fine. I'll be rooting for you from side stage!
Good luck to everyone! Sorry I can't be there.
Ooh, that was tacit.
*tactit
"Email follow-up comments to your email address" That's new.
I wonder if they took my "Edit blog from Word" idea to heart?
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Thoughts on The Play:
I thought they said "no preamble music".
I thought Kyle was going to be Doctor! What happened here???
It felt like they were pointing at me sometimes.
Most of the audience cast was clustered around where I sat. Only one person was in the front. What's up with that?
I think I saw someone cross in front of someone while that person was talking.
All in all, I liked it. It felt like one of those 3D movies, where you put on the glasses, and instead of ugly red and blue, it looks like the characters pop out of the screen.
It was like that, except it was not at the same time.
Omygosh...
I will explain everything tomorrow, there is a method to my madness, so please don't take whatever I said personal. Sorry to everyone, as I said, you ALL (yes, even Mr.Bair doesn't know) what my exact problem is.
personally...ly, it's an adverb.
haha...I couldn't resist.
Funny Moments From The Play:
"I am Captain Brown...of the Homicide Squad! (drops plastic police badge and continues)"
"Give me money!"
"No!" (slap noise)
"YOU killed Herbert-Alfred Clark!"
"Chris, we go to fourth period."
"Oh, right. Derr..."
Hey... I just wanted to say be careful on the roads... even though they can't read it at the current moment, I hope that those going to Tobey's drive carefully as the roads are rather dangerous and I couldn't help but worry as I passed two accidents on 270 on the way to work...
Chris...that last quotation was said by me...today, it wasn't during the play...just so you know. hahaha
I hope those who went to Toby's enjoyed themselves. How was TITANIC?
It was interesting...honestly, I spent more time looking at the lights. haha.
Yeah, how was Titanic? Was it good? What food was there? Was it good? Why were you staring at the lights? Was the drive okay?
What's happening on Wednesday, Mr. Bair? Regarding Murder?
Hey bair i have a play idea! Holiday by philip barry. I just watched the movie and fell in love with it please take it into concideration.
hey so mr. bair... ive spent the majority of the last two days reading plays and stuff... and ive found a few titles... i tried to e-mail you but my e-mail is so weird and shot them both back... well here are a few titles
-Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
-Death of a Sale's man by Arthur Miller
-A Doll's house by Henrik Ibsen
-AFool for Love by Sam Shepard
-Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen
-Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen
-An ideal husband by Oscar wilde
I really, reallllllly like this Henrik IBsen guy. Most of his plays have more or equal to female roles, and i love like all of his stories.
Im not exactly sure all these are deemed school appropriate but they all met the requirements of having a majority of female roles.
Ill post again if i find more!!!!!!!!!
It's Halloween morning! Who started their day off by eating Count Chocula while watching horror movies? Huh? I know I did!
Although this is coming a bit late, I had an idea for what we can do for a play. It was have someone in here write their own play and direct it on the stage. You obviously wouldn't have to pay royalties, and it would be easy for the writer/director to be "married" to the play, since they wrote and know everything about it. The other day I read in the paper about two Smithsburg kids that wrote and directed at play at Smithsburg. I think it's either today or tomorrow, I forget. But if Smithsburg did it, why can't we? It's also November. There's this guy who says you can write a 20,000 word novel and get it published within 30 days (month of November). This year, he's apparently doing a program where you write a 10,000 word stage or screenplay. Yeah. Just a notice.
It's a nice idea, but you'd need a lot more time. When we did Joan of Arc, Mr. Bair started preparing . . . what, 3 months in advance? Four? It's not as easy as it sounds.
Yes, some kids at Smithsburg did write a play. It's still showing tomorrow night and Saturday at 7:30. I think I'm going. It should be interesting. An inside contact at Smithsburgm, as biased as he may be, has told me it's funny and that tonight's show "rocked". So, it should be interesting.
Post a Comment
<< Home