I Haven't Forgotten You!!!!
Or this BLOG for that matter. I'm afraid that Cinematography is a large amount of work for me at this point. I'm trying to keep up with it all. Anyway, I haven't forgotten about you.
Next week, or the week after, I will be having a meeting of all Drama II, III, IV, and V's to discuss upcoming events. Please stay connected! We'll see you after the holiday!
We will perform our scenes on Tuesday. I hope you're ready.
MjB
P.S. Don't work on Labor Day!

78 Comments:
WOOO!!! All Drama people meetings! My favorite!
Hey Mr. Bair,
I know you probably don't care about facebook, but I saw something on it about the top favorite books at Boonsboro High School, and Sphere was the first one. So I just thought I'd let you know, because it so obviously has everything to do with you. haha, nice to see your influence.
Wow...that's really cool. I have nothing against FACEBOOK. It's much better than MYSPACE. Really...that's very cool though.
MjB
I thought so. haha
i pretty much loved Sphere i may reread it because i kinda forget what happened!! haha yupyup
Who doesnt love a good drama meeting these days :D
I MISS YOU GUYS AND GALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rossen
:(
I saw you.
It's a summit! I'm picturing the G8 summit right now...
There are cool pictures on the 9th grade blog! Where'd you get them?
I MISS YOU TOO AMANDA!!!!!
Mandy,
What period do you have drama?
Rossen
I'm in cinematography this semester fourth period, I'm not in the actual Drama class. Next semester though, any time you want to stop in after lunch I'll be there, cause i'm that cool. hahaha.
Might do that. If I have time.
Rossen
They forgot me...(sad, mopey face)
but make sure you call!!! Mr. Bair hates suprise visitors, and by that I mean the actual them being there and disrupting things, not then visitor themselves. haha
I am curious, you mentioned Dustin Hoffman as a "method actor." Who is someone that is a Stanislavsky-ic actor?
Question: What is this, The Mandy And Mandy Show?
Sara, go look up the Moscow Art Company. Charlie Chaplin admired Stanislavski, by the way, and utilized his method, I believe.
Charlie Chaplin is quoted as saying of Stanislavski
"He elucidates simply the principles for achieving true character delineation."
haha, I don't think so Chris, but that would be pretty cool. haha
I think it was also called the Moscow Art Theater, by the way... Russians. Go figure...
Hello everyone!!! i miss you all! :-(
What about a living example of Stanislavsky actor?
What do most of today's actors utilize? Imitation, method, or Stanislavsky?
Bye Everybody!
I'm finally off to college, see you maybe in December
Good luck Ana, have fun!
I thought Johnny Depp was a Stanislavsky disciple, or is he purely a method actor? Anyway, which Lauren is it? Is it my beloved Janet? I see her shrinking as she reads this.
MjB
haha, I forget what the Stanislavsky method is but one thing I do know...Johnny Depp is an actor, and not to bad on the eyes either. go ahead, roll your eyes, you all know it's true.
You know, Satan is said to be a beautiful being, one of most glorious of the Heavenly host. That is before he was cast away from the Lord. Think about it, Johnny Depp, Satan, Johnny Depp, Satan. I can see it.
I love Johnny Depp as an actor, but i hate how some people like him for entirely wrong reasons. Its one thing to think hes "cute", but its annoying when some dont even respect him as an actor. Hes definitely a good dude.
ps, not directed torwards mandy, so dont hurt me :D
shuuuut up! just because some people might be jealous of Johnny Depp's amazing acting talents/face and, therefore huge fan base...doesn't give them reason to be hatin. haha
and that was not really directed towards Kyle because I do understand what you're saying. haha
Johnny Depp is a Stanislavski actor. Not a method actor. Or so I have been led to believe.
Johnny depp actually based his performance off the actions of Kieth Richards from the Rolling Stones. Thats probably why Kieth Richards made the cameo as his father in the 3rd movie. but he is a good actor
For pirate of the caribbean yeah, but only so much. Overall theres so much more to him then basing himself off dudes like keith and pepe lepew (yeah, the french skunk...). I dont think theres one direction he cant go as far as acting. Unless its the pirates sequels, theres really no two roles that are similar to one another (least to my knowledge)
it's true, but I hvae to say, when watching other movies, I do see bits of his other characters in him, and by that I mean mainly Captain Jack Sparrow because I see him everywhere. haha
yes, it's me, JANET! haha and this is a very nice discussion you have going, i don't mean to interrupt. ps- college is amazing, but i wish i was there with all of you sometimes!
I know that you have to move on, but we miss you here as well. Johny Depp is a good actor. Weird human, but a good actor.
MjB
I think all humans are weird.
good call
I look, and what do I see?
WWIII over Johnny!
Keith Richards was in the 3rd movie? I wouldn't know because I never saw it.
This is funny...I inquire about living examples of Stanislavsky actors and then it turns into a heated discussion about Johnny Depp. Complete with Johnny Depp Fangirl! I just love how off-topic comment threads can be...
Who's Janet?
What's wrong with Myspace?
"What's the matter?"
"Nothing, I told you, I'm no good at that stuff."
"You'll never learn if you don't try"
"Too bad Ernie isn't here--he goes to dances all the time, real ones, downtown."
What was THAT about?
oh Scott...you and your amazing memory...haha
"But I want to dance with *you.* Not Ernie."
"I'd give anything to be more like him"
This is getting weird...
I remember something about being small, and pink, and wrapped in a blanket. that's about it. haha
"Does that sound bats?"
You missed several lines.
if memories could be made out of bricks, that would be the result
Two households both alike in dignity
In fair Verona where we lay our scene
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life
The continuing passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage
From here to this, our toil shall strive to mend!!!!
How'dya like THAT!
psh, whatev, I can definitely do that.
Ummm...that last line is definitely not right Chris. You're also short by five lines. However, I'm still impressed.
MjB
P.S. If you want to test your "Blue Denim" knowledge with me, bring it on. I've seen the movie.
Having also seen the movie, that is nothing to boast of, Mr. Bair.
Yes Scott, I knew that only you and Austin could possibly know the joy of adding that line to my post.
MjB
which, but their children's end naugh could remove
is now the two hours traffic of our stage
the which of you with patient ears attend
what here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.
I can know too. That movie was breathtaking. I'm at college!
Oh, you got the part I missed.
"I wish the defining moment of our generation was something more positive. Maybe then, we don't need to worry as much about security."
Chris,
Your generation can still define itself. You're 15.
MjB
Will,
You're actually at college. I had forgotten that you had experienced the full joy of "Blue Denim." How is it going?
MjB
For those of you who can believe it, I built a WebSite! Everyone should go look at my website.
http://students.ithaca.edu/~slevere1/week01/bio.htm
If it doeesn't work, let me know, and then go pray for me, because if you can't get to it that probably means my professor can't either.
scott, your website works! i like it a lot. good job, its really great!
Your website made me cry...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Not Specified needs a name, or you will not be specified here.
MjB
I'm getting a new computer soon...It makes me want to sing!
♪ -Goodbye, old computer!- ♫
♫ -I'll remember you like I do two-week old Jello!- ♪
I never liked emachines. I think my new computer is a Dell or an HP. I like Dells, but the school seems intent on using Gateways.
Bonus points: Guess how I made the musical notes?
My new computer is HP.
Cut and paste.
MjB
Cut and paste?
Things are going great! I just started acedemic classes, film classes start monday, which I am incredibly excited for. I've met some great guys, who don't QUITE facilitate the crazy improvisation and creativity that Eric and Austin and such folks did, but maybe I'm still just getting used to them. Time shall tell what becomes of my film career.
Hope the year is going well, hello everyone!
Is today Friday? I forgot.
If you meant "cut and paste" was how I got the music notes, it's not. I used ANSI standard. If you keep num lock on, hold down alt key, and type a number on the numpad, you get a special character. 13 is the number for a music note. All the regular letters and numbers can be entered this way as well. But this is the only way I know to get accented letters, fractions, and foreign currency symbols from the keyboard. It's pretty cool. Try it!
Post a Comment
<< Home