HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Yes.....I'm still here....sort of..... I'm in Florida, but I have had a minute to check the BLOG. I'm still having "school dreams", so I haven't quite experienced the feeling that summer is here. I never did get that feeling last summer. Who know....perhaps that happens with age.
Anyway, Will, your post is very exciting. However, being the technical person that I am, I would LOVE to have some more technical information. I have received the SONY software, and as Devon could tell you, it's very similar to our full version of Vegas. It even works on the Drama laptop!
Otherwise, I hope and pray that you have a safe and happy holiday. For my sake, do two things today. First of all, thank a veteran. Secondly, give thanks for the freedoms that we have. Celebrate them; don't abuse them!
God Bless America!
MjB

54 Comments:
http://www.aja.com/html/products_windows_xena.html
Thats a link to all the tech specs. It is the XENA LHe model, second column over.
Oh! and another exciting bit of info, I got accepted into the Junior Independants' Film Fest, which means Corneliatron 5 will be shown on TV! Sadly, only in florida. But its in the running for being screened theatricly in september, i think also only in florida. But hey i can't complain, thats awesome!
wow...congratulations Will!
Whoa. Congratulations, that is pretty wicked. On a different note, would there be a time that I could retrieve the other parts to my table?
Congratulations indeed!
Thank you a thousand times over Sara, Brittany Green, and Renata for coming to the Mid-intensive showcase! I hope you liked our performances and my Richard III.
I'll get show times and ticket prices posted when I know them, but I'm performing as Imogen in Cymbeline on July 19th and 20th. It's at the same place, at the Centennial Memorial United Methodist Church on 8 West 2nd Street.
Will!! Congratulations on the film festival. When is it showing, btw? I have friends in florida who might be interested in watching it.
I'm also rather jealous of the capture card...
I see that everybody is kind of offering their assistance here... I know it's a lot harder for me to be involved with drama now that I'm in college, but for those of you who will be looking for colleges in the next year, I am more than happy to have you as my guest at CMU to look at the campus if you're interested in the school. It has an awesome drama program. I'm also working in the fine arts computer cluster at school so I pretty much troubleshoot sound and video editing programs, along with test out new equipment. It's a pretty sweet job. But if I can be of any assistance at any time, just give me a shout.
I was in Florida for the fourth of July too!
Congratulations Will!!
Wow, congrats Will!
Here's a question for everybody more experienced at editing than I am (which, face it, is pretty much everybody). To edit my movie, I need to purchase a software package. I can get the most basic home Sony Vegas for about the same price as the latest Nero with all the bells and whistles. I haven't used either of them, so familiarity with the product isn't an issue; I'll be learning a new kind of editing either way. Am I better off going with Sony for the superior editing, or should I stick with Nero so I can use Wave Editor and all that jazz? I love input. I NEED input.
hey everyone congrats again Will. Hey does anyone know when Scott's new Star Wars movie will be shown?
What kind of hardware are you working with, Brennan
Well...I would say Sony, just because I really like Sony, but that's just me.
Depends on the complexity of your editing you want to be doing. Nero is fine, though a bit annoying in my opinion to do most of the simple cut and move and such. A sony without all of the fancy transitions and effects, most of which you won't use, has way more in the straight editting capabilities front though, with (essentially) unlimited audio and video tracks, the pan and zoom function, and easy to use audio leveling. I'd say if your going to spend the money, go with sony.
Update on Cymbeline! The show starts at 8 o'clock on Thursday and Friday. I'll let all of you know about prices...
Not this Thursday and Friday, but next.
Eric, what we filmed is completely edited, we just need the shots with the Bair cubs, and then we'll be ready for a premier. Anyone in the cast interested in seeing what's been done thus far, send me an email and we can arrange a way for you to see it.
Ticket prices are $14 for adults and $8 for students!
8 West 2nd Street, Frederick MD
Centennial Memorial United Methodist Church
July 19 and 20 at 8:00 pm
For more information call 301-668-4090
Thanks everybody for your input! It's lonely at camp. And hot.
If anyone sees Ryan, or Ryan, if you see this, do you have a useable steady cam that I could burrow for some shorts Eric and I are making? Thanks!
Hey this is from Ryan because he can't find his password....
"Will,
I just read your post tonight, and am pretty sure I have the smaller steady cam in my car. How can i give it to you?
Also, Mr.Bair, how can I give you the steady cam for drama?
Will, call me at 301-491-6333.
Hope everyone is having a good summer.
-Ryan"
Hey everyone I just thought I'd let you know that I finally got my driver's license (yes i know rather bland) but this means I can help out more. And as Erin said if anyone wants to visit Radford just give me a shout you can stay with me. ~Renata
MR. BAIR!!!!! Have you returned from all your trips yet?
Saw you in the paper, Mandy. Coming to the Harry Potter party at Borders tomorrow night?
Julia,
Please forgive me....please. It's just too crazy this week. It's like a school week at my house. We're all deeply involved in Bible School, teaching, running computers, and yes, directing. I will make it up to you.
MjB
Mandy,
I am home, and I need to go to school one day soon. I'll try to post well n advance.
MjB
Bair, I am building my own computer, and (I don't know if you care) but I have ended up using the same case as the drama monster.
Long story, but thats the short end.
By the way, this is Austin.
Weird Blogger take over changed my settings and display name, and I'm too lazy to change it back.
Yes!! I am SO going to be there tonight! I went early and got my wristband and everything! haha
This comment has been removed by the author.
Random update and prop askings, Ryan, I can't actually use that steady cam until I procure myself a rubber snake and 2 more cowboy shirts, so i was wondering if anyone happened to have either of those things?
Also, does anyone have any apple butter they don't want? or know how I can get a good amount of cheap apple butter (about 4 or 5 jars)? Thanks!
Will, by cowbo shirts do you mean like cotton plaid shirts? If you do, I might have some of those...maybe. As for a snake, I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure you can get one at a dollar tree if you can't find someone with one.
Yes actually! Cotton plaid shirts are perfect, if they are the right style. What would be the best way to go about burrowing 1 or 2 of those? Thanks!
well, first, I would have to find them, but after that...um...I'm not sure. I work at the Creamery and you could just stop by one day I'm working. I'll let you know when I am, if you want to take that course of action.
Also, are the shirts for girls or guys?
As for the apple butter, Will, I don't know how cheap it is, but O'Hurley's General Store in Shepherdstown had it the last time I was there, I believe. O'Hurley's is not on the main street, but sort of near the train tracks. If you need directions, just let me know.
Thank you guys for all the prop help again. The shirts would be for guys Mandy, but if all you have is cowgirl shirts, ill still see what i can do. As for the apple butter, does any place really sell apple butter? like wies? if not, ill check into the sheperdstown one.
Oh, and Julia, did austin ever give you a copy of corneliatron 5?
No, I haven't got my copy yet. I'll have to ask him to drop by sometime with it.
Will,
I'm really sorry, but I looked and I don't have any shirts. I think we used to, but my mom got rid of them. I'm sorry.
Apple Butter is $7 at O'Hurley's General Store in Shepherdstown, Will. But it's a big jar of Apple Butter.
7$ is fairly resonable for alot of apple butter. The more jars the better, but i can get some mason jars and seperate it.
And blast that austin fellow. I soppose he'll read this. Blast you Austin! Anyway, I can mail you a copy as I had planned, if I can get your adderess. You can email me at QOTSA7777@aol.com.
And Sara, just give me a date and time that you'll be home and I'll drop the other peices by, I'm sorry it's return got kind of lost in the end of the school year shuffle.
And it's ok about the shirts mandy, we've found some ways to make due. I am however having a heck of a time finding a rubber snake. If anyone sees one, could they buy me one? I will pay you back with a tip on top, those things are elusive.
Thanks!
Will,
I'm fairly sure that I have a rubber snake. I'll check.
MjB
Will, how about Tuesday 3:00? So how is summer going for everyone?
Will! I live right down the street from Sara if you wanted to drop off Corneliatron 5, then, too!
So...Julia....you're not speaking to me?
MjB
Mmmm, yea. Sorry about that. I should have that DVD somewhere in my house. Sort of slipped my mind.
Hey Mr. Bair,
When will you be back?
ahh, nvm--I see you are back!
I will be sending you an email some point shortly,
-Ana
This comment has been removed by the author.
heh, which tuesday exactly sara? If you meant yesterday, than I'm sorry about that. a better way to make sure I see a message is to email it to me, i check that more than the blog. And when you say down the street, what house do you mean, because i certainly can drop it off.
As for the rubber snake, scott has graciously let me use his, so that is covered. Thanks though!
My house is at the other end. So whereas Sara's house is at Bedrock Circle, mine is at Bedrock Lane. Essentially, it's just taking a left at the bottom of the hill. The house number is 19. That's on the mailbox. There is an unusual abundance of foliage in front of the house, and a fire hydrant in the yard.
And Mr. Bair, I'm not angry, I just don't have anything to say.
Hi everyone!
so.
its been a while.
how is everyone?
(i expect responses)
oh!, and will, for what reason could you need western paraphernalia, a rubber snake and copious amounts of apple butter?
Will, should you see this, Corey's parents too would like a copy of Corneliatron 5!
All you children going off to college,
I need your addresses.
I will send you things.
Sometimes you get lonely at college.
So give me your addresses.
~Erin
Well, I need the apple butter for a commercial for apple butter, and the cowboy paraphenalia for a movie about cowboys. I don't mean that sarcasticly, but thats about all I'm going to reveal before their done, which should be soon. And even more exciting, i'll have a WeB pAgE! OoooOOoooOo!
Oh, and rubber snake is also for cowboy movie. On a much more impossible note, anyone have a grandfather or grandfather age actor who wants a short non paying and horribly unflattering role in a movie?
Post a Comment
<< Home