Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tomorrow Night

Hello,

We're supposed to have a building day tomorrow night. It's supposed to last until 9:00, but nothing would make me happier than getting out of there much earlier. If you can stay and help, that would be great. OK?

MjB

P.S. It was nice to have Jason Aufden-Brinke chime in on the last post. For those of you who don't know, Jason was a member of my first play I ever directed at BHS. We go back quite a long way, and he remembers the early years. It's great hearing from you Jason. Some day, I'll make up all my lack of communication. Forgive me.

37 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

well, I have to work from 5-9:30 or so, but I was going to try to come by after work...just in case you're still there. Whatever, I'll just have to see.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should be able to stay and help the whole time.

9:52 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Who went to tonight's college fair? I know I did. It's important to think about your future.

11:01 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

All I can say is: Wow. How old is he?

11:02 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

He's ancient. I believe that he could be as old as 32.

MjB

7:33 AM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Feel old yet, Mr. Bair?

1:17 PM  
Blogger rossen said...

Speaking of ancient, I turned 18 yesterday. I now feel old.

Rossen

by the way when is the production?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Happy B-Day, Amanda!
btw, though, you're not old. I turn 19 two months from tomorrow. *That* makes me feel old:)

4:57 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I think it's on October 25

5:11 PM  
Blogger Wesley said...

Hello dearies!

Sadly, I cannot make it to the show on Friday, but I might be able to arrive in time for the post-show discussion. You're all fabulous creatures and I miss you terribly.

Please break some limbs for me, and have a great time.

Love you the most,
John

6:05 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Not this Friday, next Thursday, lovely Juan. The 25th!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so...close...

I definitely got off work just as everyone was leaving tonight...it made me sad. :'( haha

10:00 PM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think that the prop room is the stink pit of humanity...if that was what you were referring to.

also...techies are not techies because they gave up the spotlight...they are techies because they love it.

mr bair...will you be at school at all any time over the weekend?

11:26 PM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

Oops, I knew I forgot something

11:39 PM  
Blogger eric said...

hey when does Murder is Fun go on?

12:18 AM  
Blogger rossen said...

Brennan,

Ok so maybe I am not that old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 MONTHS FROM TOMORROW! I love being the first to say something. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Rossen :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Yeah, happy birthday everyone!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's true...techies are techies because it's what they want to do, they aren't looking to be recognized for it, and if they are, then they're doing it for the wrong reason. Anyone who only does something to get recognized for it is doing it for the wrong reason.

10:46 AM  
Blogger monkeyshine89 said...

Okay... that's definatly not what I was going for, perhaps I worded it wrongly... The basic idea was simply respect, not recognition, I just used recognition as an example. Perhaps I just write weird when I'm upset, who knows, I would edit the comment or even delete it, but I can't. Whatever I say seems to not even get taken seriously anyway.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

I get what you're saying, but the internet is the wrong place for these conversations. Things you say over the internet get taken the wrong way. People get offended and then stay offended because you're not there to clarify yourself. I learned that first hand in "Glass Menagerie."

1:38 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

For the record, I admire Katie's willingness to say something. I've been begging for someone to take a stand. Brennan's right though. You don't have much tone in an Internet post. Yes?

MjB

4:27 PM  
Blogger sara said...

If there is anyone willing to help Usher and do Ticket Sales for MURDER, please let me know. Spread the word.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

as for the ushering, you should try to get ahold of a few incoming drama 1's. we can try to bring them into the fold so they feel more at home next semestre

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris and Jackie (who I hope reads the blog), we are going to be car pooling down to Toby's this Friday, are you guys still going?

Everyone else, the tickets are going to be $38. I'm not sure who the checks will be going to yet, someone has to play with a credit card so you will be paying them directly, but I will let you know on Monday. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gahh! I'm so excited! I just changed my minor to acting! Woo! Im going to be taking some cool stuff next quarter I've got to share! (I get to do production/makeup design stuff as part of the program too)

I wish I could come to help out, but thinking of you guys is about the best I can do.
Good luck with everything!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

That was a quick switch Ana. What happened?????

MjB

P.S. That's not a bad thing...just curious....

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm still doing photography, but I'm just minoring in acting (in case you thought I was switching my major). I saw a play ("Lend Me A Tenor") here yesterday and I just sat there the whole time ridiculously jealous! I kept thinking "I could do that!", so I decided I'm going to. Acting is pretty addictive when you come down to it. If I work it out right I shouldn't have to stay for more than a semester extra, either.

12:29 PM  
Blogger sara said...

October 25 at 7:00.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I heard about that play/musical. was it good?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

"Lend Me a Tenor" is the play we almost did, but didn't because we couldn't get permission to clean it up. (Wow, grammer! If you understood that, congratulations.) That little drama fell right between the aborted command performance of "The Foreigner" and our production of "The Glass Menagerie." I never read/saw the play, but as I understand it, it's not a musical. Go figure.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it was a good show, only really one person ever sings in it. Its more about lots of wacky hijinks than anything else. In the version I saw at one point had two girls on stage in nothing but lingerie, so I'd imagine that'd be a little tricky to replicate at BHS.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Yep...the main character is a womanizer, and women like him. You have to show him having an affair, and then, the woman talks about how wonderful he was. It will not be done at BHS. It would have been done by now if not for that sequence alone. As Brennan said, the publisher wouldn't permit us to alter that section.

MjB

9:19 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Mr. Bair, I thought of you the other day when I changed my printer settings to draft. I thought I would let you know.

Also, I'm terribly disappointed that I can't make it to the production, but break a leg everyone! Work hard and have fun!

On another note, I miss you all a lot!! I really wish I had transportation home so I could drop by and visit but sadly I don't. :-(

12:57 AM  
Blogger Brennan said...

I thought of Mr. Bair yesterday when I defragged my laptop for the first time (the laptop is ten months old . . .)

Alas, it looks like I can't make it for the production either. I miss you all. Be good and take care of my prop room:)

1:17 AM  
Blogger RenataS said...

Hey everyone! Just dropping in to say hello. I am officially minoring in theater which is fun! I saw All My Sons- Anna i definately know what you mean I REALLY wanted to go do something on stage after that and listening to all my theater friends. I live in the Visual and Performing Arts dorm so I know about everything going on there. I really wish I could make the production but sadly I have no transportation =( Miss everyone bunches! ~Renata

4:39 PM  
Blogger sara said...

USHERS NEEDED!!
Don't forget about what we talked about before rehearsal...give me your money.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home