Now What????

Other than the last day of school, I can think of no time I enjoy more than the last day before Christmas break. Sigh....I will admit....in the past few days I have managed to "rediscover" myself, and so I happily accept this blessing. It will serve all of you well in the long run.
As for the movie, it's imperative that I get an update from those of you who are editing despite the break. In other words, I need to know what is finished and what is not finished. As for computers, this will be a bit tricky. We'll iron out those details once I see where everyone is.
As for "The Seagull", I believe I speak for Alora when I say that you should be memorizing lines. Nothing is more important. Remember, in the new regime, if you don't know your lines, we will replace you or dismantle the show. Alora, please post your expectations for your cast.
As for my schedule, I WILL APPEAR AT SCHOOL TOMORROW FROM 2:00-3:00, and that's it until further notice. I will be leaving town for a bit before returning, and I'll let you know when that is. I am hoping to spend an afternoon at BHS over the break to "edit together" and make corrections/suggestions. Oh yes...I think I'll do a little cleaning too.
I really need updates, and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to talk to Ian K. Ari??? Would you like to edit? Sarah H. would probably love to join you? Anyone else? Jacob, Zandra, Colonel Sanderson? Where are you? I need an update please.
MjB
P.S. I will reply much later this evening. Honestly, I will miss all of you tomorrow. It's a day with many blessings, but you will be on my mind. Remember, you can reach me at school from 2:00-3:00 tomorrow if you need equipment, hard drives, etc.

27 Comments:
As for editing I've gotten a nominal amount done. Mostly due to the fact that I don't have a shot history, so I just finished some rough-cut editing and organized everything else so it made sense once again (the juggernaut was a mess of loose unnecessary files). As it is though the hard drive is full with the exception of about 500 megabytes. What can be deleted does anyone know?
Just tell me what to do and I will do it!
Can you come tomorrow at 2:00 for shot history copies and for me to see what can be deleted?
MjB
Hang on Sarah.....
MjB
I *think* that I could get there around 2. If I were to be late, how late would be perfectly acceptable/well before you would start considering hanging,drawing and quartering me for my tardiness?
This Jacob Marley scene will be finished for sound editing by tomorrow, and I can not wait to have it finished. however in my determination to be sure I had all the footage for this ghost, I have absolutely nothing for any other scenes. I would love to edit effects for the first ghost, and i have some tests for you to look at, Mr. Bair.
I just need a way of getting footage from other scenes, including things shot with digital cameras, and i need to know what hasn't been edited, so i can edit.
The Seagull Cast,
Memorize! As I said before, I would like you to have all your lines memorized by the time you get back from break.
If you are having trouble, LET ME KNOW! If you need help, or someone to run lines with you, LET ME KNOW! I am here to help you with any aspect of this, and it is imperative to get moving now. The sooner you have them memorized like the back of your hand, the better.
Also, would you all be interested in meeting over the break to run Act I and II lines? I think it's a good idea.
What do you guys think?
Thanks,
Alora.
... and should I bring the I-7 to school tomorrow to transfer the files?
Alora,
I think meeting sometime toward the end of break would definitely be a good idea.
I am so glad somebody finally called me that.
If you have any extra computers I will edit. Hopefully I'll be able to show up tomorrow, someone should text me tomorrow to remind me. If necessary I'm sure Ari and I would be able to pass a computer back and forth easily. I remember Jacob mentioning the idea of typing up the entire shot history and putting it on each computer, but I don't remember if he was saying he would do it, or if he was telling me to (or if it was even him).
Alora, I also think that meeting over break would be a great idea.
Ok....foremost, I have a doctor's appointment at three-thirty, so my time is limited. I'll try to get there as close to 1:30 as I can, but I can't promise anything. I must leave by three-fifteen at the latest.
Remember, everything we have shot should be on the external hard drive. Zamdra, youshould take that. First, render your Marley scene for me, and I'll take it home and work on the audio. I'll bring my external hard drive.
The Monster is ready for use once I install video drivers. Sarah could take it and work on audio corrections. She is good at this, and it's an important job to complete.
Jacob is the wild card here. Morgan, if you're reading this, get ahold of Jacob, tell him to read the blog and post as humanly possible.
Cole, we'll get you some footage if you arrive in time, and I'll make copies of the shot history for everyone. Please confirm these comments and suggestions everyone.
MjB
P.S. For Alora's folks, we should try to meet on the same day in which I go to work on my office. That's up to you though. It wouldn't be until the 30th at the earliest though. Please respond and forgive typos...typing on iPhone from car dealers....
Sarah meaning me, right? How long should installing the audio drivers take?
Yes....you....it's video drivers, and it should take about 30 minutes to load and configure them. I would leave an hour to be safe.
MjB
This comment has been removed by the author.
This Marley scene is an absolute nightmare! I'm so, so sorry, but it would just be really cruel to hand it over to anyone to try to edit the sound, (the dialogue is recorded from several different locations so the volume and quality of everything said varies greatly) it is something i can easily fix because i have all the pieces of unused dialogue, but rendered...
i think it will take about four more hours tops, but i obviously don't have that much time this second. i'll still come in for the external hard drive.
I can't be there wednesday, but I'll call Morgan, and try to talk to you that way, if that will work.
Sorry,
Ian
im here, i wont be making it to school today... dont ask.
ill get started on ALL 3rd ghost scenes, im going to try to have them close to finished by wednesday at the earliest. id like to have them finished sooner, but im being kept very busy at home... if any one has any questions about the cyclops/cyclops futage, then give me a ring: 301-416-7904.
or post here, im checking the blog hourly. if you have a computer and a cene you want to edit, then confirmn it with me first, i dont want 3 people working on the same thing.
jacob out
This comment has been removed by the author.
She means....smaller scenes...MjB
So what should I do now? Seeing as I am no longer going to be at school.
^
- Daniel
:P
Ah! I'm sorry! I meant smaller scenes....I wasn't thinking. Sorry...
When I try to boot the Monster in VGA mode by pressing F8 after the BIOS beep, a blue screen with
"welcome to setup:
this portion of the setup program prepares microsoft windows to run on your computer.
-to set up windows xp now, press enter.
-to repair a windows xp installation using recovery console, press r.
- to quit setup without installing, press f3."
Does this mean something happened with the reistallation earlier? It was working in your office though, right? Is it okay for me to just shut it down or would that be a bad idea?
What do I do?
Always call when panicking. Remove the CD from the drive and try booting without hitting F8.
MjB
Mr Bair,
I would love to help. If there is anything I can do, just let me know(:
Moriah.
Just dropping in to say a Merry Christmas to all, and I shall see you in 2010! Seasons greetings
~Merry Christmas~
Ok, I go off to Florida on the 27th and I have the Kraken/i7, can i pass the computer off to someone else tomorrow? The later in the day, the better for me and the amount of editing. Nick, do you have a computer yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home