Sunday, April 25, 2010

The State of the Drama Nation

THERE...I PUT THE ACTUAL TITLE ON THE TOP THIS TIME! READ THE THREE POSTS THAT FOLLOW THIS ONE.

Even though I know that only five people will read this tonight, and three of them won't be current Drama members, I'm still doing my thing today. At the very least, I can make everyone read it in the morning.

ACTING: All of this has been addressed in the post below these, but in short, covert action, focus, and ENERGY are the primary concerns.

PUBLICITY: OK...my anger here continues. Look at the name of the committee. Now, look at the 100 or more posters still sitting in the auditorium. Is there anyone in this committee willing to make certain that we're actually "publicizing." Honestly, at the very least, put the posters up in the school! I think I'm going to cry...

TICKETS and USHERING: Up until now, this has been a fairly large afterthought. However, now, you are the focus. What do you need to do concessions? Who are the adults that you are using for concessions? Who is selling tickets? Who will be ushering, and believe me, ushering will matter greatly for this experience? We need to make sure that the lunch sales occur. I know that we have a schedule, but I'll bet my left arm that some people won't remember.

CONSTRUCTION: We officially completed the building on Friday, but some other small jobs have magically appeared. I need some grass to complete the "Moreau" set, and from there, some scattered jobs are still in existence.

ART: What's worse? Is it worse that everyone who worked on the signs for the street didn't realize that there wasn't a starting time, or is it worse that once we knew it, no one went to the signs and corrected the problem? The signs at Weis were corrected by Zandra, and I corrected the signs at the end of 67. However, both signs at the school entrances haven't been corrected. Furthermore, we will have some grass to paint.

MAKEUP: OK...the Drama I's have slowly started to learn the skill and actually spent time on Saturday honing their art. The big question mark lies with the Beast People from "Moreau." Katja has a plan, but we haven't practiced or it perfected it. This must occur on Tuesday. We also need a plan for Wednesday's Middle School performance. I did buy all that you requested. No one mentioned anything about white shoe polish for hair. Could I have a plan please?

STAGE CREW: Steven must provide me with maps tomorrow. I would suggest that producers provide me with a map as well. I am HIGHLY concerned about the process of transitioning from one play to the next. This will be practiced tomorrow and Tuesday, and Mrs. Sumpter will be joining you backstage. Furthermore, I desperately need a curtain monkey!!!! I think we have everything we need, but we REALLY need to practice it.

LIGHTS and SOUND: As mentioned in earlier posts, there is work to be done here. Now that the bridge has been corrected, we'll need to program cues again. Furthermore, the first row of gels needs addressed. Finally, I need to "teach" sound tomorrow to those of you who need a lesson or a refresher course. Sound "levels" also need set. I'll spend time with you tomorrow.

A NEW JOB ARISES....I need an INDENTURED SERVANT FOR THESE PRODUCTIONS. Is anyone available? I was counting on Kasey being fairly available for the job, but her availability is fairly limited. It would be best if I had someone who didn't have a part but would be there each night.

OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION:

I must provide teachers with a list of students who will be missing classes on Wednesday to attend the Middle School productions. In order to do this, I need to know who is on lights and sound for each production. List first names only.

FURTHERMORE, I WOULD LIKE TO VERIFY THAT WE ARE PLANNING ON THE FOLLOWING FOR THE MIDDLE SCHOOL:

First Period (7th Grade) "The Anniversary" and "Sorry Wrong Number"...is that right?

Third and Fourth Period: "The Chocolate Affair", "Childhood", and "The Crazy Mixed-Up Affair of Dr. Moreau."

PLEASE VERIFY SO I CAN SEND THE E-mail tonight.

MjB

P.S. What am I forgetting?

8 Comments:

Blogger ~*Nika*~ said...

Hi Mr. Bair. : )

I'm sorry, but for the middle school performance of Dr. M, I can not do fourth period. It's Mrs. Hardy's Pre-Calc class, where I already owe her three make-up tests by Wednesday. Third is AP Spanish, and Miss Hoppes might cry at me, but Cody and Morgan are in that class too, and I'm guessing they'll be leaving it, for lights/sound/something? So that would be survivable.

See you tomorrow.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Yes, "Sorry Wrong Number" is first period Wednesday.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Thanks for the warning Dominika, and welcome back. That's OK. We'll put someone else in just for that performance. Thanks.

MjB

8:16 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Should I be at the in school performances?

8:22 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Obviously...

MjB

8:43 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

Mr. Bair, I have both of those sound effects in mp3 form and on a flash drive ready for tomorrow. My only CDs are memorex so they wouldn't work in the player. Also I have two seperate boat whistle sounds for you to choose from as I couldn't decide.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Thanks Cole. I'll make sure we have some different discs.

MjB

9:04 PM  
Blogger _cassieee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home