THIS WEEK IN BOONSBORO HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA:
Drama I's: After reaching the end of the poetry run, we began our exploration into blocking and tones through the famous scene from "Blue Denim", that's "Janet and Arthur" for those of you who never knew the title. We had conferences again about the final poetry readings, and we had a class evaluation.
Digital Photography I: We worked this week on fast and slow shutter speeds. That included photographing a man-made waterfall, flashlights, and the now infamous "highly flammable quiz on fstops." We also completed the "Nightlights" assignment.
Congratulations to the four of you who won the public photo contest. I believe that the public preferred Morgan's, Mariah's, Shane's, and Jared's. Is that correct? Either way, folks enjoyed the photographs, and that's all that mattered. We're going to do this again.
Drama III: A very hard week's worth of work concluded with the productions last night. While the crowd was very thin, something we must discuss, the action was thick. I thought it was a good night, and considering all the factors involved, we're really starting to work much better as a group. "Those this be madness, there is method in it."
ON THE HORIZON:
"The Bear" will be held on November 2nd, and they'll be a second piece added to it that will feature Drama I's.
"The Digital Photography Field Trip" will be October 24th.
"Drama I Orientation" will be held on Thursday, October 20th. All Drama I's are required to attend, and any upper level Drama students who want to participate should let me know as soon as possible, or ASAP, whichever comes first.
FINALLY....I want to post pictures, videos, and even audio....I still don't have the permissions across the board. I'm going to really make a stink about this on Monday.
See you soon....
MjB
Digital Photography I: We worked this week on fast and slow shutter speeds. That included photographing a man-made waterfall, flashlights, and the now infamous "highly flammable quiz on fstops." We also completed the "Nightlights" assignment.
Congratulations to the four of you who won the public photo contest. I believe that the public preferred Morgan's, Mariah's, Shane's, and Jared's. Is that correct? Either way, folks enjoyed the photographs, and that's all that mattered. We're going to do this again.
Drama III: A very hard week's worth of work concluded with the productions last night. While the crowd was very thin, something we must discuss, the action was thick. I thought it was a good night, and considering all the factors involved, we're really starting to work much better as a group. "Those this be madness, there is method in it."
ON THE HORIZON:
"The Bear" will be held on November 2nd, and they'll be a second piece added to it that will feature Drama I's.
"The Digital Photography Field Trip" will be October 24th.
"Drama I Orientation" will be held on Thursday, October 20th. All Drama I's are required to attend, and any upper level Drama students who want to participate should let me know as soon as possible, or ASAP, whichever comes first.
FINALLY....I want to post pictures, videos, and even audio....I still don't have the permissions across the board. I'm going to really make a stink about this on Monday.
See you soon....
MjB

8 Comments:
So, the student directed plays were kind of fantastic...they made me want to try my hardest to come see the Bear and whatever else, but that may be a little hard to do...we shall see!
need a chaperone for the Field trip?
I second Tallon's question.
I third that.
Careful... We might end up with more chaperones that students! XD
Except, I'm the only one legally old enough to chaperone... and I'm BOE approved! =)
Yeah... :P
Tallon,
Sure...are you available still?
MjB
Post a Comment
<< Home