The Official Decision
OK....here's how you make decisions. Both videos today dealing with illicit substances cannot be accepted by me. Both are dealing with material that would be considered "school inappropriate." It's part of the rules of making any film. If you must know, here's what both did.
1. Inadvertently glorified chemical use.
2. Used symbols or images that would be deemed "school inappropriate."
My decision has nothing to do with artistry, effort, or quality of final project. A film is a representation of our program and the beliefs therein espoused. I do not espouse drug use in any way, shape, or form, and I cannot make it appear as if I do. That would be hypocritical. I will gladly discuss my decision will the group members, but that discussion will not occur on the blog. I have spoken to Will and Maura, and I believe that both understand my point of view.
If you need further clarification, stop in tomorrow morning and talk to me like a calm human being. I'm not irrational, most of the time. If "I Wanna Be Sedated" was entertaining but unacceptable, then, neither of these should be deemed acceptable either.
Tomorrow, you will be filming a short scene in a predetermined location. Everyone must participate, even that hippie Lori!
MjB
P.S. I did enjoy your projects today. That's a different posting for a different day. If you can't wait until morning to talk to me, then e-mail.
1. Inadvertently glorified chemical use.
2. Used symbols or images that would be deemed "school inappropriate."
My decision has nothing to do with artistry, effort, or quality of final project. A film is a representation of our program and the beliefs therein espoused. I do not espouse drug use in any way, shape, or form, and I cannot make it appear as if I do. That would be hypocritical. I will gladly discuss my decision will the group members, but that discussion will not occur on the blog. I have spoken to Will and Maura, and I believe that both understand my point of view.
If you need further clarification, stop in tomorrow morning and talk to me like a calm human being. I'm not irrational, most of the time. If "I Wanna Be Sedated" was entertaining but unacceptable, then, neither of these should be deemed acceptable either.
REMINDER
Tomorrow, you will be filming a short scene in a predetermined location. Everyone must participate, even that hippie Lori!
MjB
P.S. I did enjoy your projects today. That's a different posting for a different day. If you can't wait until morning to talk to me, then e-mail.

11 Comments:
Hippie Lori- ha ha- thats funny. O.K. so with the whole Toby's trip- I was just wondering if I could have more details. I keep meanng to ask you but forget so yes. Thought I would post something when I was thinking about it!
You have not let me down in any way, shape, or form. As a litmus test, I've learned over the years that I have to look at films from a parent's or adminstrator's point of view. I think the films are great. An outsider would be HORRIBLY concerned. Thanks for understanding though.
MjB
ALERT!!! I have forgotten to remind you that we're building a computer after school tomorrow. If you're interested, and if you're going to be an interested party, please feel free to attend. It will not be a social gathering. I will teach as much as you want to learn.
MjB
will the lack of tripod be an issue?
Hey. If I would have thought that you were really interested, I would have let you know. The ordering of parts was based on price. I pulled the trigger when I received the best deal. Sorry.
MjB
Scott was sarcastic???? Victoria, please film anything at any time. I'd love it!
MjB
Me and Bair talked, and yeah, I agree, it was school inappropriate. Making that movie ended up becoming more for myself than for drama, and so looked at it from an appropirate to me perspective instead an appropirate for school perspective.
YEE-HAW
Yes...what is in that can? Wait...don't tell me. It was COKE, not Pepsi! Ha!
Mr. Leverett...still disagreeing after all these years. Sigh...
MjB
Hi everyone!!!
Gantz, I would love to know what you just said. Considering who it was addressed to, though, I think I get the jist.
Post a Comment
<< Home