WARNING, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
Actually, that's not true. I just wanted to get your attention. However, if Gantz and Scott keep bickering, I might have to adjust the parental features on this site. Yeeshhh...
WE HAVE OFFICIALLY MOVED THE SHOW DATES TO THE SNOW DATES. THE SHOW WILL BE ON MARCH 8, 9, 10. WE'RE SHOOTING FOR A MIDDLE SCHOOL PRODUCTION ON FRIDAY MARCH 2.
Anyway, here is a list of other reminders, ponderings, and NEW CONSIDERATIONS.

1. First of all, I have the laptop with me. I don't feel safe leaving it in the room while I'm gone, and it can't be stored in the closet. The "L" in LCD stands for liquid. As Lori or Devon can tell you, those closets get ridiculously cold. Once the "liquid" is frozen, the screen is ruined. Each day, I take the laptop with me to avoid that problem. I believe that this will affect Rachel and Shelby the most. Sorry. I didn't know what to do, and I consulted an expert, and he said that he wouldn't leave it in those circumstances either. (Note: I also took the new digital camera for the same reason.)
2. Rachel and Shelby, I'm sure Devon will permit you to use her laptop on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Drama I's will be in the auditorium on Monday. If not, please use the time planning your next project. The project forms are in the second box on the bottom row in the second set of cubbies. Devon should know where they are. Wow...I'm really relying a great deal on Devon here. Sorry Devon.
3. I have clearly told the substitute that you can be trusted. I have made it abundantly clear that no one in Drama would ever take advantage of the system, nor would anyone dare risk the future of all Independent Studies. I am assuming that you agree with me and will do nothing to risk that.
4. Lines, lines, lines. We can review the blocking, and I can fix any last minute blocking issues. However, those lines need to be rehearsed again, and again, and again. Rehearse them with tones, pauses, inflections, etc. Please, rehearse the lines.
5. If anyone returns the "Drama Mama" forms, they go in the next to last box in the first set of cubbies on the bottom row. Amanda Rossen knows which box. It's the one where the Drama bills are.
6. Please remember my deadlines for the coming week. Devon needs a current and accurate cast list. Can someone please e-mail that to her?
7. Sarah Holder has all of the volunteers for committees and duties. I do not have a list of these. Sarah, would you please e-mail me a copy?
8. I have left a key for the auditorium and a key for the closets should you need the video cameras or the tripods. My front closet is officially locked. There isn't anything in there you would need anyway.
9. We clarified some dates after school yesterday. We are not working on Saturday, Feb. 17th. However, we are DEFINITELY rehearsing on Monday, Feb. 19th. Our only building day and back wall painting day will be Saturday, Feb. 24th. Plan ahead. Our required dress rehearsal day is Saturday, March 3rd. Our late nights will be the following Monday and Tuesday.
10. As you may have noticed, the current forecast is calling for a big storm next Monday, Tuesday. Nothing would make me happier, except being here to experience it. However, if that happens, please WORK ON YOUR LINES and BLOCKING!!!!
11. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I think that I am going to have a chance to access the Internet. I won't be able to type, but I'll hire a monkey to do it! Thus, I think that I'll have a chance to access this site. Please keep me updated.
Otherwise, thanks for your kindness yesterday. I would like to ignore my pains and just work on this play. I think it is best that I don't. I appreciate your support and understanding...even Maura's plea for me not to die before she graduates. That made me chuckle.
I'm not experiencing anything life or death....I think. It's a pain thing. I believe in suffering quietly and moving forward. At times, that can lead to much bigger problems. I'm glad that you understand that. The show must go forward though! You know what you're doing. You are the most experienced group that has EVER come through these doors. You don' t need me to move forward. OK?
Word to Your Drama Mama!
MjB
WE HAVE OFFICIALLY MOVED THE SHOW DATES TO THE SNOW DATES. THE SHOW WILL BE ON MARCH 8, 9, 10. WE'RE SHOOTING FOR A MIDDLE SCHOOL PRODUCTION ON FRIDAY MARCH 2.
Anyway, here is a list of other reminders, ponderings, and NEW CONSIDERATIONS.
1. First of all, I have the laptop with me. I don't feel safe leaving it in the room while I'm gone, and it can't be stored in the closet. The "L" in LCD stands for liquid. As Lori or Devon can tell you, those closets get ridiculously cold. Once the "liquid" is frozen, the screen is ruined. Each day, I take the laptop with me to avoid that problem. I believe that this will affect Rachel and Shelby the most. Sorry. I didn't know what to do, and I consulted an expert, and he said that he wouldn't leave it in those circumstances either. (Note: I also took the new digital camera for the same reason.)
2. Rachel and Shelby, I'm sure Devon will permit you to use her laptop on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Drama I's will be in the auditorium on Monday. If not, please use the time planning your next project. The project forms are in the second box on the bottom row in the second set of cubbies. Devon should know where they are. Wow...I'm really relying a great deal on Devon here. Sorry Devon.
3. I have clearly told the substitute that you can be trusted. I have made it abundantly clear that no one in Drama would ever take advantage of the system, nor would anyone dare risk the future of all Independent Studies. I am assuming that you agree with me and will do nothing to risk that.
4. Lines, lines, lines. We can review the blocking, and I can fix any last minute blocking issues. However, those lines need to be rehearsed again, and again, and again. Rehearse them with tones, pauses, inflections, etc. Please, rehearse the lines.
5. If anyone returns the "Drama Mama" forms, they go in the next to last box in the first set of cubbies on the bottom row. Amanda Rossen knows which box. It's the one where the Drama bills are.
6. Please remember my deadlines for the coming week. Devon needs a current and accurate cast list. Can someone please e-mail that to her?
7. Sarah Holder has all of the volunteers for committees and duties. I do not have a list of these. Sarah, would you please e-mail me a copy?
8. I have left a key for the auditorium and a key for the closets should you need the video cameras or the tripods. My front closet is officially locked. There isn't anything in there you would need anyway.
9. We clarified some dates after school yesterday. We are not working on Saturday, Feb. 17th. However, we are DEFINITELY rehearsing on Monday, Feb. 19th. Our only building day and back wall painting day will be Saturday, Feb. 24th. Plan ahead. Our required dress rehearsal day is Saturday, March 3rd. Our late nights will be the following Monday and Tuesday.
10. As you may have noticed, the current forecast is calling for a big storm next Monday, Tuesday. Nothing would make me happier, except being here to experience it. However, if that happens, please WORK ON YOUR LINES and BLOCKING!!!!
11. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I think that I am going to have a chance to access the Internet. I won't be able to type, but I'll hire a monkey to do it! Thus, I think that I'll have a chance to access this site. Please keep me updated.
Otherwise, thanks for your kindness yesterday. I would like to ignore my pains and just work on this play. I think it is best that I don't. I appreciate your support and understanding...even Maura's plea for me not to die before she graduates. That made me chuckle.
I'm not experiencing anything life or death....I think. It's a pain thing. I believe in suffering quietly and moving forward. At times, that can lead to much bigger problems. I'm glad that you understand that. The show must go forward though! You know what you're doing. You are the most experienced group that has EVER come through these doors. You don' t need me to move forward. OK?
Word to Your Drama Mama!
MjB

35 Comments:
I hope we make you proud while you are gone. Good luck with everything and i hope you're pains get fixed!
wow, for a seccond i thought gantz said she was thinking "about" praying for you. hah, i read to fast.
feel better; by the way, i have htis really amusing visual of you and a monkey attepmting to write coherently. hehe. crazy monkey.
<3
P.S. the monkey's name is Charles.
Charles? hmm.... interesting. Yes, Rachel and Shelby can use my laptop, however, they will have to do so through Sony and reopen it with Nero Wave Editor when you get back on account of the fact that I don't have Nero.
And Yes, an up-to-date cast list would be greatly appriciated especially if you want a program.
I have corrections. I am on my way to see a specialist. It requires traveling, so I must miss three days of class. There is no surgery yet. I am going to see a highly skilled specialist in the field.
It is believed that I have a cervical compression in my neck, or I might have a compression between the shoulder and chest. Either way, I have lost feeling in the pinkie on my right hand, and I am beset with both arms going completely numb. Thus, I'm not sleeping, and I'm having difficulty performing everyday tasks.
I have four separate tests in the next two weeks, but first, I must see...the man....Thanks for asking.
MjB
P.S. Carpal Tunnel has been ruled out. That's good news, I think.
Yes I think we can safely say that is a very good thing considering your fondeness of technology Mr.Bair. Secondly I wouldn't mind having that complete cast list either considering it makes costuming (costumeing? No idea anyway) a lot easier when you can know exactly who all you are costumeing (I like this one better).Have a good trip Mr.Bair (well ok as good as going to see a doctor gets).
Get well soon, Mr. Bair. We'll be praying for you. Let us know what non-chocolatey, coconut-free food we can bring in on Thursday.
So I have a new schedule made. I will try to get copies to you guys...soonish.
ATTENTION: ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE A PART OF THIS SHOW IN ANY WAY, TELL ME!ESPECIALLY IN THE STAGE CREW, LINEMONKEY, AND EXTRAS AREA.
Mr. Bair good luck with the "specialist".
Good one, SCOTT. See? I capitalized your name.
Sara, I'll be doing music & Singing Balthazar, and I'll be an extra if you'd like. Did Mr. Bair talk to you about music at all?
Mr. Bair, I'll keep you in my prayers, and I hope you can find relief soon. It's no fun to suffer, even if it is quietly.
Adam
I hope all goes swimmingly with your surgery!
Mrs. Sumpter said that you wanted to have a bit of dialouge with me about her apperence in the movie, is that something that can be done over email, or should that be postponed till your rearrival? Thanks!
I have most of the cast list. I am not sure who is playing antonio (cody?) and messengers. Sorry about that. (I might have confused don pedro and don john, so correct me if I am wrong please.)
Beatrice- Julia/Birky
Hero- Rachel/Beth
Claudio- John W.
Benedick- Ryan
Leonato- Emily/Kelly
Margaret- Maura/Brennan
Ursula- Ana/ Renata
Friar Francis- John l.
Don Pedro- Will
Don John- Eric
Borachio- Corey
Conrade- Joe
Dogberry- Austin
Verges- Jackie
Balthasar- Mandy, Adam singing
Watch- Alicia, Lauren, Sara
Sexton- lori
Boy- Mandy
Messenger-
Antonio-
So I found a $20.00 mini cannon, about 7". Just saying...
Yes Sara, Cody does play Antonio, and thank you very much for the up-to-date cast list.
I hope that everything goes well for you this week Mr. Bair! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Alos, please don't worry about a thing while you are gone we will be busy little bees. Just take care of yourself!
Hey!!!! I have access. Thanks for all of your consideration. I have arrived safely at my destination. I'll take anyone's prayers!!! It's all good. What is the weather prediction???? I have to leave town for snow to arrive.
MjB
P.S. If you need anything, I'll be able to access at least twice a day. If Mrs. Reams needs anything, post it on the BLOG, and I'll call the school and leave a message. Bless you!
Precisely, Scott, precisely. Oh, and Erin: I'm not running the Linux monster anymore, but now you've got me curious. I do have an Ubuntu bootable CD, so I can run that on my computer w/o having to install the OS, so I'm definitely going to try it.
Adam
Oh, hi Mr. Bair. Glad to see you're doing well! I just thought of you earlier today--Wonderbook's old location is having a sale where all books are $1.00, and there are crazy amounts of plays and stuff. You should check it out. Oh, and I bought a copy of The Zoo Story. It rocks.
Adam
Glad you are OK Bair!
Rossen
Erin, Dan has the Linux monster in Providence because I'm using my laptop and it was faster than his dinosaur. It still has Linux on it, but as you can see I'm not exactly at liberty to use it right now. I didn't partition my laptop because I don't have time to learn Linux now, but you can bet that I'll have it on by summer (I have partitioning software).
Adam
Just to let everyone know, it is Sunday night and the program is "complete".... I still need the graphic from John, and if anyone has someone who they believe should be in the special thanks section, please see me and let me know. Certain areas have been left blank for the sole reason, no one knows who is involved in that area, Mr. Bair has told me to just leave a blank so yes, all in all, everything that can be complete is complete.... wow that was long....
I don't have any snow *reports*, but I do have a few snow *rumors* I'll list in decreasing order of likelihood:
1. Winter weather advisory from Monday evening to Wednesday afternoon. This is the only fact I have.
2. RUMOR: We will have enough to cancell school Tuesday.
3. RUMOR: We will get 6-12 inches.
4. RUMOR: We will get enough to cancell school Tuesday and Wednesday.
5. RUMOR: The Eagles will someday win the Super Bowl. (I know, that's not snow related. I can dream, can't I?)
no erin, it isn't snowing here. :-( today went pretty smoothly and i think we got quite a bit accomplished, just thought i'd share my take on the first day without Bair
Act 5 tomorrow!
who's excited????
Good for you Maura. Good for us. I did not have surgery. I met with a specialist today in a far away state. We'll get some news on surgery here in a day or two. However, it won't occur until later in the month or later in March. Thanks.
Congrats, Maura. Oh, and Sara? Since the dates were moved, it means that I won't be able to physically be in the production. However, I'll still be writing the music. Just wanted to let you know so that you can update the cast list.
Adam
Hey....can anyone give me a weather update????
MjB
I think I'm going to be stranded.....
MjB
Well, the BOE actually cancelled school tomorrow at 9:00ish. The weather is icey, very icey. Sorry I can't go into detail but I'm one of those I have to see it to believe it types.
And thank you Adam for the clarification.
Just because there is no school doesn't mean we can't work on lines...or prop lists, or costume planning...Sorry I think I'm going crazy with producer responsibility.
I'm definitely stranded. I won't be back until Friday now. We can't get into a an airport until Thursday. Yoy.
MjB
P.S. That means that all of your deadlines have been extended by a day!
Yeeeah Mr.Bair it's ugly out here...at my house we've got about half an inch of ice on top of 3 inches of snow and we haven't seen a plow yet...its umm...yeah...it's not pretty...main roads look to be driveable though (sorda)
Oh no! Excactly what state are you in?
Wow, Erin. That sucks. You know, we haven't had school for three days... Oh, and to let you know, I plan to repartition my hard drive and install Ubuntu today. I will try the fortune thing, too.
Adam
So umm...if I had say...a large chocolate cake Mr.Bair...and say well brought it in for the cast because I have to get rid of it or it will go bad...will that be a problem???
I miss you, Gantz.
Erin, I don't know, but I'll talk to Mr. O'Connor for you. He should at least be able to tell you where to look.
Bair, have a safe trip back, and thank you so much for switching the blog to v2. Now I don't have to log in before I comment. That was a pain.
Adam
i'm pretty sure i missed the decision (or forgot) on what time we are supposed to be at school tomorrow so if someone could let me know that would be amazing. THANK YOU!
Post a Comment
<< Home