Monday, November 02, 2009

Today was Awesome!!!



I was very inspired today by your enthusiasm and dedication to the giant task ahead of us. Honestly, we accomplished so much, and I really feel as if we're on the right track in every possible way. Let's keep up the good work! Thanks to everyone who came and accepted tasks. You made me believe in this idea even more!

Anyway, keep in touch with me, and let me know about your progress. If you can finish your work by Wednesday, that would be awesome. If not, then, I'll see you Wednesday, and we'll figure it out. OK? Thanks again.

MjB

106 Comments:

Blogger Cody James said...

I am ready to do anything and everything to make this awesome. Fair warning, I'll be asking as much as possible for things to do if i can't find things to do myself.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Hey Mr. Bair,

I have already inquired about the whole orchestra thing, and here's how it stands so far:

*There is a recording program at Shepherd University

*It costs money, but I don't know how much yet

*Still awaiting permission to use the orchestra itself

Hope this works out!

Ian

9:49 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Storyboarding is taken care of (for me, at least)!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Moriah said...

stave 1. (p. 1-8) Done! :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I'm so excited, I bet I've pressed refresh more than Cody James has!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Madeleine! said...

AN IMPOSSIBLE AMOUNT OF PAGE REFRESHING FOR A MERE MORTAL, SARAH.

Anyway I just finished my storyboards, I'll come in before first period tomorrow and drop them off.
Also I sent you an email about my cinematography thing, M Bairman.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Thanks everyone....I finally made it to the computer....sick man...but I'll be OK.

MjB

10:04 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Feel better. I'll drop my storyboards off in the morning, too then. I wanna be cool like Madeleine!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Mr. Bair

If you can use my help on technical or construction work let me know. Don't have a lot of availability other than weekends, but willing to help out when I can...

I try to check in on the blog every day or two, but you should have e-mail and phone if you want to contact me through more reliable means...

--Travis

10:32 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Hey Travis!

Good to hear from you. I still have your version of Puerto Rico. Would you like to play some time? I would love your help once I'm 100% sure what I need. Thanks.

MjB

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Sarah....doesn't everyone want to be like Madeleine?

MjB

10:46 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I guess if you're fond of little yellow caps and dresses, and neat orderly lines.....

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Bair

I have come Acrossed a version of " A christmass Carol" That i Enjoyed Very much and I thought i would share it with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hA5T1G7rxg

5:29 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Oh! Aaron I really like that one. It's really condensed and the tones lack a bit but I really like the visuals!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Aaron...that version uses Michael Redgrave's voice, Allister Simm as Scrooge, and Chuck Jones animated it. What did you expect?

MjB

P.S. If you don't know who any of those folks are, ignore me!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Ooopps..that's Alistair Sim.

MjB

7:14 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Would love to play again sometime.

And I have my set, so you must have someone else's set...

--Travis

7:14 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Oh brother...that's the third set left in my room. Yoy...

MjB

8:32 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Madeleine! said...

HEY MR. BAIR

If I would enjoy playing a part that isn't one of the six you mentioned, do I still have to go to the audition tomorrow?

also I just watched my cinematography project and it's about 70% fart jokes.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Fart jokes are a gas. Anyway, no, you do not need to audition tomorrow, but it doesn't hurt your chances for bigger things.

MjB

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Mr.Bair. Do you have any idea what time the auditions will run to tomorrow?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Madeleine! said...

Meaning I will have a better chance being Girl In Street #4 if I audition?

Also Movie Maker is being stupid like a Windows program and won't publish my project with video.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Sam...probably around 6:00. Yes, Madeleine, but in the case of #4, probably not.

MjB

9:43 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Thanks that works perfectly!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Mr. Bair,

I imagine you will be in the auditorium tomorrow? I'm not auditioning, but I need to talk to you.

Ian

10:25 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Would I be wrong in thinking there weren't that many drama 1s at the audition? Or am I just a bit cooky? (Don't answer that)

9:33 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR.BAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
كل سنة و انت طيب
Ծնունդդ շնորհավոր!
お誕生日おめでとうございます!

Hope the rest of your day is better....

3:58 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

Bair,
We are currently painting my house and have a lot of extra paint, some semi gloss some eggshell finish... would it be good for me to bring it in? we have no other use for it and i mean hey free paint right???
~Brianne

11:18 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Rachael,

Thanks. I had a very lovely evening, and I feel much better. I appreciate the sentiment. I also enjoyed the Armenian script, unless it says, "Mr. Bair (insert a certain Johnson's voice), you are a craphead." Thanks.

MjB

P.S. What is the rest? Chinese? Tai? Japanese?

1:20 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Brianne,

Sure! That would be great. All paint is good paint...unless...it smells like eggs....

MjB

1:22 AM  
Blogger MorGAN said...

Okay, sorry I never got the chance to get back to you last nigh. Won't happen again. But here's my update:
- Cole said that he will have the script for you by Monday
- Kevin said he will do the prop list. I told him to have it by Monday
- I did the list of scene locations and I'm curently working on the 'To Build' list

SPEAKING OF WHICH!
Can anybody think of things that need to be built? If you do, please post it here and I'll add it to the list. I just don't want to forget anything >_<

THANKS ALL! Have a great weekend!

10:38 AM  
Blogger MorGAN said...

The stave. Not the script....He'll have his stave finished.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Mr. Bair,
The last one is in Japanese.
No, it does not say "you are craphead". :P

Also, did you say the stop action needs to be 3 minutes? I have 491 pictures thus far, but it's only about 1.5 minutes....

1:05 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

*Correction, I have 935 images and it is 2 minutes long. :/

8:20 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Mr Bair,

Considering how Film makeup is much different than Stage make up, I thought I would give you this link,

http://www.zombiemaker.com/makeup/basic_latex_skin

It tells how to make realistic looking wrinkles, the same technique they used on theoden in LOTR if you recall.
Its supposedly very cheap and easy.
Soory about the multiple deletes.

Good Luck, Matthew

9:37 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

Bair,
The paint doesnt smell like eggs its new.... I must say i felt pretty cool when i was helping out with the painting because i knew what to do....well im a dorky person like that. i'll have the paint either at the end of this week or the begining of next week because we are procrastinators and wont be done all the painting until then.
~Brainne

10:24 PM  
Blogger loser_ryan said...

Hey Mr. Bair,

The Irish Repertory Theatre is doing a production of the Emperor Jones. Apparently the man who directed it also directed the Hairy Ape. I read Emperor Jones for one of my classes and really enjoyed it. Anywho here is the link.

http://www.irishrep.org/

-Ryan

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Thanks Ryan and Matt. Matthew, I was already a bit ahead of you, but it's all good. I kind of like that site a hair better.

MjB

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

EVERYONE WAITING FOR A SCHEDULE/CAST LIST....IT SHOULD BE POSTED BY 7:00-8:00.

MjB

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

I'm so anxious~

1:33 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I'm not even acting and I'm nervous.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Great. I'll be watching time pass minute by minute for the next five hours. My tummy is all in a knot from nerves.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

It's been decided. I've hit the refresh button more times than Cody James today. (And Cody was the judge of this)

6:42 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

GGGGGGAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST A SIMILAR "AHHHH", JACOB!




AHHHHHHHHHH!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

everyone is crazy. i love it. anxious also!!!!! cant wait to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

I am a refreshing demon!


i know what i said



GRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Jacob, we both are at the moment. so =P

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I hate being nervous. This is really exciting.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Cranahashtaflawk!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Arianna Church said...

I wish there was a like button on the comments or in life. But with a dislike button too.

AAAHHH THE CAST LIST. I HOPE I GET BIG BIRD.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

Uruk khazad! khazad ai manu!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

To quote the immortal words of Mark Johnson, "WHAT THE CRAP!" It's only been 30 minutes? UHG!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

For the record, when I posted to comment and the page refreshed, I saw there was one more comment than before and was really nervous/excited before I scrolled down and realized it was me.

(Nervous blabbering!)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

I'm working on it. Probably another hour.....sorry....

MjB

7:39 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

GGGGGGAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

oh well

7:43 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

thanks for the update

7:43 PM  
Blogger Mitch J. said...

HAHAHA! Everyone's anticipation is increasing. Good job Bair, you know how to be a jerk.

P.S. From Sam: Grrrr, why?! I've been waiting all day. :(

7:50 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Mr. Bair is a master of suspense. He should at least give us one now.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

One name every 5 minutes.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

A jerk....if want me to be a jerk, I can be. I'm sorry...Sunday is dedicated to God and my boys. At 8:00, I turn back into a teacher. (Sticking tongue out at Mitch!)

MjB

8:00 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

One name every 5 minutes Sarah?!!? This isn't a hostage crisis...or is it?! I'm freakin' out over here man!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I'm willing to negotiate for whatever we can get, Cole.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Cole's right. Every thirty seconds would be much more appropriate.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

And that Scrooge picture is starting to really annoy me because every time I refresh, it's there!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Exactly what you mean nic! (Hense my Facebook status)

8:25 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Seven minutes until I explode...

8:32 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

This is exactly like that one movie that was on TV a while back, it may have had Keanu Reeves in it, it was called...Speed. You happen to catch that Nick?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

I think I did. It was on a Sunday, right?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

I am down to two individuals. Then, I pray, find comfort, and post. Patience....

MjB

8:38 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

AHHHHHHHH! My F5 button is crying.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

i am not a patient child =[ but i suppose i can hold offf for a few more minutes. the amount of refreshing i have been doing is insane

8:40 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

I've exploded.

8:40 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

Patience?! How could I listen to Guns n' Roses at a time like this?!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Now who is going to be the witty, curly-headed guy?


Well, Cody has curly hair...

8:42 PM  
Blogger Arianna Church said...

Aww I was rereading the last 2009 girls acdemy post ealier today and it talked about how the blog used to be a social thing for the whole class. This reminds me of that!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

One more child to cast...I'm that close...

MjB

8:49 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Need any help?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

avdhyayroiayfgaihsfblajksfh :x

8:51 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Brianne- I was just thinking that earlier. Especially because I was totally accidentally a part of that socializing some nights...

AHHH! ONE MORE!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Yes, could you create one more giant female part in this story please?

MjB

8:52 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Scrooge's Mom?

8:52 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

Reverting to fetal position....now.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Okay, the ghost of christmas past takes Scrooge back to the stone age, where he meets a tribe of amazonians, and they tell him that if he doesn't love everyone they'll travel to the future and eat him. Then the rest of the story happens.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

The Ghost of the Past's Past?

MjB

8:55 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

And they all have the same amount of importance and lines

8:55 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

So, Giant Amazonian Warrior Women?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Exactly

8:56 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

Cody loves nick's idea.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

I need to call Ari...hang on....

MjB

8:59 PM  
Blogger Arianna Church said...

CAN THAT BE MY PART?!?! IM GOOD AT BEING AN AMAZON.

Also. Sarah. You just called your best friend Brianne. WHAT.WHAT.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Dear Ari,
What?
Love,
Sarah

9:00 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

=[ i am so confused awwww

9:00 PM  
Blogger Nic Sanderson said...

Burn.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Arianna Church said...

OMG I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONBE AND I AM THE AMAZONIAN GHOST OF XMAS PAST PAST ITS AMAZING OMGGGG OMGGG.

I GOTTA GO PRACTICE BEING CUMBERSOME.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

HOLY CRAP, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE.

9:05 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

I'm very sorry everyone but: The Game.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Rockin' Reese said...

NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Not necessary(sp?) Cole...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Why.....?

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home