The Good, the Bad, and the VERY UGLY...

THE GOOD
Yesterday was an exception success in many ways. Foremost, the building portion of the day went very well, and we had enough help to get the job done. I commend the building committee, and I commend all of those who came to work yesterday.
Furthermore, we were finally able to demonstrate some appropriate Drama commitment to the DramaI's who attended yesterday. Thanks to the alumni who came not only to help, but to set an excellent example to the command of "WORK, WORK, WORK." I do appreciate having the Drama I's there to help, and I do appreciate your willingness to help.
We also managed to complete a large amount of technical work from the show yesterday. With Devon's and Alora's help yesterday, we set the groundwork in place for the multimedia aspects of the show. Please read below for further information on that subject. Also, thanks to Jacob and Kevin, we have "re-patched" the front row of lights. Now, the front lights are in numeric order, and they actually are arranged in a way that makes a split stage, an absolute necessity for "Lend Me a Tenor", quite easy. Tomorrow, we'll patch the middle row.
Finally, and granted, much more occurred yesterday, thanks to the help of everyone who worked on signs, we were able to post two of them on the school grounds. Even more importantly, thanks to Mandy and Mr. Newton, the rest of the signs were placed around the community today. NOBODY APPRECIATES THAT MORE THAN I DO, PARTICULARLY ON A SUNDAY, A DAY SACRED TO ME. With this, in additon to audio work of Matt, a great deal was accomplished by 4:00 p.m. yesterday. AWESOME!
THE BAD
Well, with fewer than three weeks until we open, there are a bunch of major question marks that I have to have an answer to tomorrow. All of the following are concerns that need to be answered:
1. Who will run lights for the two one-act plays, and who will run them with Morgan Bove during "Lend Me a Tenor."
2. Who will run sound for all three shows? What sounds are you using? Who is in charge of this from both classes?
3. Who will run the PowerPoint (or video) that we are using in "Lend Me a Tenor?"
4. Did Lexi make it to CHERELLES? Did anyone ever speak with Lexi? Costumes for "LMaT" are really starting to become a concern. I want to start rehearsing in costume this week.
5. Have we ordered the makeup or found the makeup for "LMaT?" Have we practiced it? Do we know how to do it? Do we know who will do it?
6. Most importantly, where is my Drama II class? If you're taking Drama II next semester, and you haven't offered to help in any way, shape, or form, we might need to discuss whether or not you're really taking Drama II next semester. I'm at the point where help is needed. It's listed above. At the very least, come and tell me what you can do.
THE VERY UGLY
OK....foremost, Kasey has done a remarkable job with the Drama I programs. Kelechi has done a good job with the "LMaT" program. However, I am not able to send the program to the printers for the following reasons. Read passed this because it comes with a definite warning.
1. Kasey, or anyone in Drama I publicity, I need a graphic for "Life of the Party", and I need a poster and ticket for both by the end of the period tomorrow. I'm fairly certain that Kasey is not going to be in class in the morning, so that will create even more turmoil. Either way, Kevin handed Kasey a pencil-drawn image on Friday, but it needs to be converted to black ink, scanned, and placed into the program and poster by the end of the period. Perhaps some of this is done, and I don't know it yet. I hope so.....
2. In Drama II-V, we have different issues. I cannot find a poster for "LMaT" anywhere. Kelechi says it's on a thumb drive, but it's not on any thumbdrive I have. I have the program, the ticket, and obviously, the original graphic. However, I can't find a poster anywhere. If I don't have one by the end of third period tomorrow, we'll go forward without a poster. If someone is feeling ambitious this evening, post a message, and I'll e-mail you what I have. Just make certain that you leave a mailing address.
EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, I don't have a press release, and if we don't send them signed, sealed, and ready to deliver first thing on Tuedsday morning, we won't have any true publicity for this show. Again, I am told that this exists as well, but I can't find any such file. Sorry....I hate to be such a "meanie", but when I say that you have to be held accountable, this is what I mean. Kelechi has done well in compiling and proofreading, but our sense of urgency with this stuff is quite absent. Press releases should have been sent two weeks ago.
OTHERWISE.....
We will examine the rehearsal schedule for this week. It appears that I am going to need to alter the schedule for "LMaT" just a bit. All of you should plan to be there next Saturday, at least for a little while in the afternoon. I'll discuss that with you tomorrow. Does anyone have anything to declare or to clarify in general? I'm all ears.
MjB
P.S. Once again, we did some great work yesterday, and I feel quite energized by what happened yesterday. Let's carry that toward tomorrow.

64 Comments:
Would someone please have Lexi contact me?
MjB
As for Lexi I have no way to contact her sorry v.v
However, Kevin has the graphic for "Life O' the Party". At least he should. When we were cleaning yesterday I found it on the ground and I made sure he had it. So unless he left it laying somewhere again, that should be taken care of.
It's not taken care of until it's in ink, scanned, and inserted into the program and poster. :)
MjB
Then Kevin only did half the job ^.~
I can't help you with your Lexi delimma. Sorry, Mr. Bair. I'm also sorry I couldn't come on Saturday. I really am.
- Kevin and Jacob finished the patching on the front row? YAY! THank you Kevin and Jacob!
- I'd love to help Morgan with the lights for LMaT, but if that position would end up taken, I'm more than willing to help with lighting for the one acts, sound or any of the things mentioned! ^^
- I want to take dramma II next semester, but I don't think I'll be able to. My mom is hassling me to get my credits in T-T
- Speaking of rehersals; I've been trying to attend them, but my Mom keeps telling me "No" to save gas.
I called Lexi....
She didn't answer..
=[
Dah!
Also, as for me taking drama II I really have to check my schedule, I'm not sure if I can move anything on my schedule to fit Drama II in v.v
see you all tomorrow,
O by the way, Sarah, I sent out messages to the people who don't always get on the blog about the rehearsal tomorrow. ^^
Good night!
Miss Holder,
Thanks for the trip to the hardware store in spirit. It did make me think of you.
MjB
*raises hand*
I'm still here for the Drama II class....
And I am still coming to rehersals later in the week to figure out exactly what I shall be doing.
:)
Yes, you should.
MjB
I talked to Kevin about the graphic for Life of the Party and though he wasn't thrilled he did say that he would settle for what's there already.
Tell him that I'm not thrilled either.
MjB
hmm in reference to the movie...
Two hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money. We're gonna have to earn it. - Clint Eastwood sorry ,randomness, It's what I do...and to all a GOOD NIGHT!
mr. bair, i just made a draft for the drama I tickets and e-mailed them to your school address. if i dont make it to class tomorrow i will come find you at some point in the day to see what i missed or need to do so that publicity gets finished on time.
I would like to point that I am old enough to supervise the use of the saws. Which I find ironic.
You are very welcome.
I will supervise Julia's supervision.
Sara and I wanted to fly home for the show weekend. Then we realized we were essentially destitute. Yay, adulthood!
With the price of gas, drive.
MjB
I'm on my way back from thanksgiving break pretty soon, and was wondering when the next production is going to be?
If I was to get back on the 23rd, and was leaving the first, when would be a good time to come pay a visit or two?
Hope all is going well, good luck everyone!
December 4, 5, and 6. Hope to see you there.
I just want to clarify, I turned in the pencil drawling of the graphic for "Life O' the Party" and was not told that I was required to ink or scan it. And when I settled for the graphic, it was only because the way Mandy said it, hit me like what I wanted couldn't be done, so I figured she was politely saying "This is what we got, sorry". Thats all I have to say about it.
Kevin,
I'm more disturbed by your user name than your comments. Seriously, don't worry about it. Thanks for getting it done. We didn't communicate very well. It's easy to forget that you're a freshmen, and it's easy to forget that all of you are Drama I's. Sorry.
MjB
Mr. Bair or Sarah,
I did not get to look at the schedule because everyone else was crowded around it. Does "Life O' the party have a rehearsal tomorrow?
Would someone text Sarah to answer Sam's question. I don't have the schedules in front of me.
MjB
Mandy....PLEASE READ AND COMMENT
Synopsis
As the Cleveland Grand Opera prepares for the arrival of the world famous tenor, Tito Merelli, disasters at the opera house begin to unfold. When Merelli finally arrives, matters worsen as Maria, his wife, accuses him of infidelity. Stressed from an extensive touring schedule and the new found pressures of his wife’s accusations, Il Stupendo commits an impulsive act. As a result, Merelli along with Max, a local stage hand assigned to “watch him”, become entangled in a case of mistaken identities that cause everyone to go search of the real tenor.
Do you know when you want me to help? I don't know what I can do, I'm fairly useless, except for entertainment value. Joe Richards has also offered his help. I know I will not be available on Tuesdays or Thursdays, or this coming Saturday, the 22 because I'm working 10 hours. But I could help with makeup, or costumes, or anything you tell me to do...
-Brandi
Mandy....Sorry...look at this one....ignore the last....
Synopsis
As the Cleveland Grand Opera prepares for the arrival of the world famous tenor, Tito Merelli, disasters at the opera house begin to unfold. When Merelli finally arrives, matters worsen as Maria, his wife, accuses him of infidelity. Stressed from an extensive touring schedule and the new found pressures of his wife’s accusations, Tito Merelli commits an impulsive act. As a result, he along with Max, a local stage hand who “just happens to be a tenor”, becomes entangled in a case of mistaken identities that cause everyone to go search of the real tenor.
it sounds fine to me.
remember, add the director's notes and also there's nothing about the one acts on the press release, you'll have to add that.
also i realized I got too many stamps...I included the ones to the schools when I counted...oops.
Thanks. I'll use the stamps in the spring. It's no big deal. Thanks for the reminders.
MjB
Sam, you must have left before I gave everyone a schedule, but yes, you do have rehearsal tomorrow if you can stay. ask Mr. Bair for a schedule in class tomorrow. That goes for everyone else in Life O' the Party who did not stay after school today.
Thank you Sarah ^^
I must have, either that or I just wasn't around when you did.
And I can stay, of course!
And I just got your text!
I wouldn't have known this information was here if my mother didn't call me back from "bed". Not to mention she made me leave my phone in the living room >,<
Thanks again <3
sarah- if you get this my brother and i will be staying after school to work on our seen he needs it
Mr. Bair,
Do you still want me to stay after tomorrow to look over prop lists and such? And until when?
Thank you :D
Sarah, I'm so sorry I had to leave early today. I had too much homework, to wait until 6:30 to do it. I ,literally, just got finished and I got home at 5:30.
Sarah,
It's up to Jackie. I have no free time tomorrow, but I will be expecting you backstage on Thursday. OK?
MjB
Would someone tell Alora I have her phone? Also, I would love to have a conversation with her this evening.
MjB
Finally, is there anyone who is going to work on this PowerPoint?
MjB
Okay, she said she won't be there tomorrow, but I could still look at the prop lists... so I may stop to look at the list for a few minutes, if that's okay.
And I'll be there Thursday.
Mr. Bair,
I called you...
You didn't answer though.
Just so you know this time.
Oh, and I can work on the powerpoint!
I will finish it...Unless you meant that you needed someone to run the powerpoint during the show..
I probably can't do that.
The lighting/sound crew had agreed that we'd have Jacob run the powerpoint, if that's what you're asking about.
EDIT: The lighting/sound crew of Drama I's
Morgan,
Sorry about the schedule thing. I'll take care of it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Alora, I think my phone is in my truck. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Sorry.
MjB
It's quite alright.
No worries Mr. Bair. I wrote everything in my day planner. Ari let me look at her schedule. ^^
My Mom mellowed out, and it's like nothing ever happened. I can start coming to practice on Thursday.
Ahhhhh.
Thank you Morgan.
Ari!! If you look at this blog (like you should) Bring those dresses to class!!!!!!
Please. =]
Mr. Bair,
I finished typing a final copy of the new lighting map. How many copies should I print?
I'll just print three, I guess.
~Morgan~
Mr. Bair,
cody clams he refuses to do the play anymore...i dont know why though he hasnt told me but kasey said she would be willing to do his part if he drops out which i think would be benificial(i think thats how you spell it) to the play. Still cody should take responsibility, he could have said no to taking the part before this mess even started!
Sorry!!!(me apoligizing for him)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
OK...OK...I'll talk to Cody. However, this is not the site to be bashing folks, especially those who are part of the class. Brandi, I understand your frustration. I'll talk to him tomorrow.
MjB
Ok, sorry Mr. Bair.
Mr. Bair,
Would you please check your e-mail as soon as you possibly can, it's really important. Thanks.
-Devon
I responded Devon.
MjB
It's OK Brandi. I knew what you meant.
MjB
Mr. Bair,
I have replied back to your response, and if we could speak on saturday that would be fantastic.
-Devon
Scott L.,
!!! do you have a thirties-forties style camera laying around anywhere? and if so can we use it for the play? pretty please.
-Jackie
Official reminder for Mr. Bair-
Script for Monday please.
Thanks! I'll miss you guys on the next building day :[
When is the next building day?!
Mr. Bair and Sarah,
cody s and i might be a little late on saturday but we will be there to help out and practice...
oh and sarah did you see if you sister had chucks i could wear or do u want to bring some other type of shoe?
This saturday at 9:00 until late in the evening. Acting will start in the afternoon.
Mr. Bair said it was from nine to six on Saturday.
I see Lexi almost everyday. If you'd like I could talk to her for you, Bair. If you havent already.
Its been forever since ive posted on this thing!
I feel useless to my drama family, is there anything I can do?!
Please let me know! Cyburgan(Tom Burgan) has been keeping me posted with the details, i know show is comming up soon but please, give me some work to do!
I have no idea if Mitch will be doing drama next year. I cant remember.
And wow theres a bunch of names i dont recognise...HI NEW DRAMA 1 BUDDIES! =)
~Jessie J~
HIYA DRAMA BUDDY!!!!! <# *waffle heart!!*
-The Pimp Daddy Himself
Post a Comment
<< Home