Wednesday, October 08, 2008

CALLING ALL DRAMA ATHLETES OR ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS!

Yes, I get the pun. I couldn't refuse it. Tomorrow, I am playing in the faculty game, which by the way, begins at 6:00 p.m. My team, comprised of coaches, faculty, and administration, has practiced a couple of times, and we're meeting again tomorrow at 4:00 to practice before the game.

Here's the problem. We know our offense really well, but we haven't had the chance to practice our defense since, essentially, we only have enough for one team. OK....here comes the favor. If you could stay tomorrow for an hour or so just to run some offensive plays, that would be so awesome. I'll show you what to do, where to go, etc. You don't have to have any athletic ability. Honestly, I just need some bodies moving just to make sure everyone knows who they are covering.

I know it's a lot to ask, but you know me....I don't like to lose. Thanks for at least considering. Your groveling teacher.

MjB

27 Comments:

Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I'm up for it (if you need me, of course).
Plus, I actually don't suck at football.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Well, I suck at football as well as hating it but I could stay after if you just need bodies.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

I need bodies.

MjB

9:03 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

well, suppose we we raided the graveyard if all you need is bodies. would that work? we would have to first visit doctor frankenstein of course.

9:31 PM  
Blogger y2joey said...

As the worst Football player in Boonsboro History but best in Backyard History and a knowledgeable genius on the sport and potential future head coach of the Los Angeles(wishful thinking) Rams I would delighted to take part in this activity.

Oh and Matt if you're going to dig for graves look for a "Walter Payton" and a "Johnny Unitas". I think a few rounds with these zombies will work out Bair's defense so much they'd be ready to take on the Dallas Cowboys...or not

9:47 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

The idea of being a tackling dummy to run defensive football plays doesn't sound very appealing to me.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

"Tackling dummy" is not what I need. I need individuals who can "walk through" passing routes so that we can make sure we're on the same defensive page. There is no tackling.

MjB

10:48 PM  
Blogger sara said...

WHAT IS GOING ON?

3:33 AM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I'm sorry, I wouldn't have had a ride home if I stayed after.

4:42 PM  
Blogger missford said...

Mr. Bair,

I've called your cell phone a couple times in the past week but haven't heard back. Did you change the number or are my messages not going through? Should I email/call the house phone instead?

6:43 PM  
Blogger MorganB said...

I can stay after on Monday or Wednesday for the lights. Now I want to read Shelley's The Fortunes of Perkin Warbeck.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I can't be a body, but I came to ask if it was alright if me and Galen came to visit sometime this Monday.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Galen and I...

9:36 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

KYLE AND GALEN!!! AT ONE TIME!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! OF COURSE YOU CAN VISIT!!!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Sarah....please visit today, but I must leave school by 1:30 this afternoon. Sorry...no internet at home.

MjB

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

HELP!!!! DID SOMEONE MOVE, HIDE, OR STEAL THE YELLOW CHANGE BAG FROM THE FIRST PERIOD FUNDRAISER????

MjB

1:28 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Did you ever get my e-mail, Mr. Bair?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is the trip to TOBY'S the 16th of October or the 16th of November?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

of october...like 5 days away. anyone who is at all interested...

GET MONEY TO ME OR MR BAIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

The first 25 people with money will get to go. PLEASE BRING MONEY!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How many people have already paid?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

not that many, I have three on my list and alora said there have been a few more, but not nearly 25

10:09 AM  
Blogger y2joey said...

Ah I need to hurry!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

here's the deal with Toby's.

Dress is semi-casual. Nice pants/skirt and a nice shirt. Please no sneakers or jeans.

Everyone needs to be at the school by 4:30 on Thursday, and you don't need to bring anything unless you'd like to do something on the bus.

Let someone know if you have any questions. :-)

5:40 PM  
Blogger missford said...

Mr. Bair,

I am off Tuesday-Friday of next week, so if there are any days that you need a hand, I'd be glad to be there!

11:12 AM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I just remembered. We didn't do puppets this year. Maybe it's because of what happened last year. I was disappointed that we didn't do Muppets.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

I believe the puppets are supposed to be an every two years phenomenon, which is why in my four years of high school (3 in the program), we did it once.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Wow....such puppet conversation. Puppets are a Drama II process. Thus, they will appear in the spring of this year.

MjB

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home