Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last Post of the Summer


I figured that would get your attention. First of all, it is the last post of the summer since I am leaving for the family vacation in the very near future. Thus, I will not be available for comments or phone calls for that matter. When, we return, I plan on disappearing from the face of the earth until I have to return to work at the most unbelievable early date in the history of my career. There were years when we didn't start school until the beginning of September, and now, I'm reporting for work before the middle of August. I would rather start late than end early. The weather in August is great; June can be cold and dreary.

Secondly, our program has taken quite a hit over the course of the summer. We are losing some integral members of the program, and no, I'm not referring to graduates. I'm not sure whether or not I'm at liberty to share names, so I'll allow those individuals to post at their discretion. If you thought last year was a rebuilding year, hang on to your hat. We could really be in for it this year.

Next, there are no chairs in the auditorium at this moment. The old chairs have been removed, the old tile has been removed, and according to rumors, the asbestos has been removed. I'll keep my opinions to myself on that one. Anyway, I haven't heard anything about the new chairs, but my guess is that they're still coming. Otherwise, we'll be having blankets on the floor and offering "lawn seating" only. BYOB=Bring Your Own Blanket

Furthermore, I must apologize for doing such a lousy job of replying to e-mails this summer. In truth, it took me a long time to get over the anger of losing the film camp and having it replaced with summer school. The first two weeks of summer school were really hard. The third was absolutely miserable, but the fourth was more "bearable." Yes, pun intended. Anyway, I need a vacation from the concept of school as much as anything.

That's about it for now. I haven't heard from some of you this summer which leads me to think that all is well. If all isn't well, let me know. I'll have a very sporadic internet connection while I'm gone, but I'll be near a computer eventually. I might not respond, but I'll check.

After that, I'll see many of you for year 18 of my career. I can't believe that I have been teaching at BHS for 18 years. It doesn't seem possible. Luckily, my even numbered years tend to be better than my odd numbered years. I don't know why. I'm looking for miracles, and I do believe in miracles. If you're still reading this, that's a miracle in and of itself! See you soon.

MjB

P.S. Matt, check your e-mail please. Just in case you don't receive it, I did deliver the computer today. It's way.....in the back.....near the coffee.

41 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

I am sorry the BOE placed a damper on your summer. Hopefully I will be able to see the made over auditorium with a stage of amasing drama kids! I hope you have a lovely vacation!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Have a good vacation then Bair :D, sorry teaching during the summer was such a drag.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Did I say it was a "drag?" I hope not. It had its blessings. What made it hard was the fact that I was expecting to teach film. It was hard to get past that. See you soon.

MjB

6:24 PM  
Blogger why-at said...

Well it been a lows and highs kind of a summer,it has also been a convenient time for a revelation. I have gained more from this program than I could ever ask to be given in a lifetime,so standing idle as it endures hardship is something I'm not going to be doing.

This summer has had one of lowest points in my life pass in it. As I'm sure most know I am not that happy with the father i have (and that would be putting it mildly). So it was quite the disturbing realization when i thought on how we were different and didn't find much. Luck (or a divine being) would have me taken away to help disadvantaged people,which at first was a downer,but as the week progressed my good spirts were renewed and all was well again.

This program has done a lot for me and to see it suffer is something I'm not going to allow. I have gained many friends from this,but more than that I've gained trust in people once again. Because of this I try things that I would have never dared to before. So in this program I see hope,hope for so many lives that would have never known it without this in there lives. This program will act as the seeds of aspiration in so many pass through it,and that is why I can not stand idle if this is to endure hardship. So I look to you the benefiters of this and ask who among you will take action and give all that you have to ensure a future for this,for the people who have yet to come,that is the question I pose.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

well, if its any consolation, I have made a grand total of one film over the summer, so far. Although it is a bit corny, it does explore one new and hopefully my last area of special effects.
It will be cool though.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I stand beside you Why-at

6:33 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I do too.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Sorry it's been a rough summer. Hopefully this will be a year of growth and a chance for new leaders to step up. Be sure to let the alumni know what we can do to help. And if we can help best by stepping back and letting the next generation take responsibility . . . we can do that too.

And just because I never could resist . . . Unbelievably. It's an adverb;)

p.s. Are you youngins back in school before I have to go back on 8/25?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

yes indeed. school starts on the 20th

8:08 AM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Ouch! That's rough.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

hope u have a great vacation. mine just started i just got back from camp tohiglo and it was amazing so many kids got saved (i was an instructor) but this passed week was amazing now i am leaving sunday (tomorrow) to go back up for another week but i will be a camper. i just hope this week doesnt bring drama between girls like last year. then as soon as i get back i get to celibrate my 3 month with jake and then like i think a week later skool starts. and i still have shopping to do. so i am SO FEELIN ya on the summer isnt long enough but i am kinda glad it is coming to an end i cant stand in this place any more.

i went to burnside bridge and swung from ropes in to the water. i bifted it big time!! it was so funny though. i did a back flop and it HURT! but i had fun well i am gonna go eat dinner

*Peace Out*
Chey-Dawg

7:55 PM  
Blogger why-at said...

...come on people i "will" do it with only Matt at my side...but the more the.....much more reassuring

please YOU OWE IT

4:02 AM  
Blogger why-at said...

I'm not sure if I have the right to inform of this.

Some of you might have known a student,Shawn Langley,he has recently passed away in his sleep. To those of you who were his friend all I can say is that it was painless,I'm sorry I don't know more.

Rest in peace Shawn.

All I can offer is my support for those of you who feel sorrow,I'm sorry.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why-at that was incredible.

I have seriously taken advantage of our Drama program. I have taken and taken from the program and the opportunities it has given so many of us. People like you sarah, other sara, mandy, jackie, beth, kyle, TJ, laura, Jason, and all of those before us(just to name a few) in the past year have shown an amazing dedication to our program. Last year was difficult, and I don't want this program to endure another "hard year." Especially, with our current loss. Although Mr. Bair has been doing this FOREVER, drama needs us, and you are absolutely correct. I stand by you, matt and sara 100%.
When I started Drama i wasn't looking for a family, friends or anything we've learned from drama. I fell in love with drama sitting among snooty fellow middle school students watching Anne Frank and Arsnic and Old Lace. I just wanted to be on stage once. This year, I don't want the middle school to walk back in their single file lines, "well, it was interesting." We can be inspirational, trust me, I've been inspired. Plus, I have been on stage, I found another home, and I have befriended people like whyat, and he is weird!! Just kidding, well, not really. :)


Mr. Bair, I too, believe in miracles!!
I hope you have a very nice relaxing vacation!! I hope we can redeem your film class loss this upcoming year in cinimatography. It is truely upsetting to hear school begins the 20th, my birthday is the 19th and it really use to be a SUMMER birthday, shucks.*shrug*
Also, WOW, we (boonsboro) have been so blessed to have you for 18 years, that's amazing, lucky us!!

I have been taking a bible study session for college kids and seniors, every thursday night, but tonight it was cancelled, so i fell like a hethen :( haha ok...

...God please continue to bless our Drama program, the drama students, The Bairs, and Shawns family and friends... Amen

...*shrug*

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I love everybody so much! Everyone in this program has so much to offer! Good luck this coming year, I know that incredible things will come!

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

MR BAIR!

I received a letter today informing me that I was one of 50 finalist in that talent in the arts scholarship.
If I win this, I will be forever in your debt.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Alexietyler said...

MR BAIRRRR!! My favoritest man in the whole wide world whom i haven't recieved a hug from in MONTHS! oh man it's been hard let me tell you! So i just got back from my trip to Ethiopia and while there, I realized that I love you guys. I'm 100% in. I promise. we're gonna get through whateveer hardships come our way. We are the Boonsboro Drama, and we can make it through anything, I mean look what we've already made it through!

Pretty much, Cheer up Mr. Bair here is an e-hug from me to you, and i'll sing you a pretty little song on the first day of school to cheer you up! we can't have an unbearable bair, thats just no good.

And to you matt, if you get the scholarship that would be ridiculously awesome. I'm rooting for you kiddo!! WOOT WOOT. i'll be praying for everyone and for the program. like I said, we'll make it. i love you all dearly. I really do. My little drama familyyyyy. MUAH!

LOVE LOVE LOVE,
lexi (The one and only)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE MY LIFE!!! i am so tired of my friends dying!!!!! this summer sucks!!!! i hate being in florida!! i hate car insurence!!! i hate spelling correctly!!! i hate alot of stuff rite now and i needed to vent thanks guys for letting me do that but ne way hope evry1 is doing well u know how i am asl;kdjfas;dlif josdf jhaos;df i cant wait until skool starts and yah so i mean bring on the skool year! if this yr is like the summer i am going to be one emotional person!!! well i love u guys!

*Peace Out*
Chey-Dawg

9:20 PM  
Blogger why-at said...

Oh how i love the thoughts women bursting out in a matter of 30 seconds....i can't wait to see you again Cheyenne

12:50 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

thanks wyatt if only u knew how my summer has been u would know my fragile astate...wow i just amazed myself with a big word

10:51 PM  
Blogger why-at said...

*looks around* .....where i dont see it?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

i said astate...thats my big word lol.

i really need to get out of this house i cant stand my mom!! but anyway hope everyones summer was good.

see u in 8 days!!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAWww alexi it is nice to hear you are back and on good terms.

Cheyenne, I really hope things get better these last few days. My mom has this strange theory: she says God makes teenagers the way they are so it is easier for parents to let their children grow in to adults. Your mommy just loves you!!! *shrug

I still can't cope with the idea of school beginning in just a week :(

well, untill then have a nice final week of the summer!! <3bri

4:42 PM  
Blogger bethee said...

hey everyone. So i just wanted to write that i miss you all greatly, and it makes me so sad that i cant be there fighting with you guys this year. Its almost unbearable- haha but yeah i just wanted to let everyone know how much i love and miss you guys.


(especially you mr. bair!!!!)

7:35 PM  
Blogger bethee said...

ok me again. Mr Bair i have emailed you like a bajillion times and it always gets sent back to me :-((( thussss i am checking your address. If a friend has my phone number if you could please text me bairs e-mail so i can check if i have the correct one i would be greatful!!! Thanks guys.. this is a bit urgent haha

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Im looking forward to seeing you guys again soon. Its alot easier when I can visit you guys any day in school rather than trying to squeeze parties into my "schedules" (which, somehow, im surprisingly busy for once). I dont like being a graduate at the moment, but I guess I'll get over it soon. Hope you guys are having (or had, though its technically not over yet) a good summer, including you Mr. Bair.

Take it easy :D.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Can't wait to see everybody! Make sure to keep me updated on the low down. k bye!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

three cheers for free public schooling tommorrow!

2:35 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

Introducing NEW and IMPROVED Chris! NOW with REAL Driving Action!

5:26 PM  
Blogger why-at said...

well...as a good friend's shirt once said "let's do this"

9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dumb school...can't wait to see you guys...if only there was no learning involved...:-( see you in like 10 hours...

10:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just want to say that I really liked the way it seems like this year it going to go, Drama-wise anyway. I think I'm going to like it even more than normal

5:22 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I still want to help out. I never really got to do any technical stuff...

5:24 PM  
Blogger Chey-Dawg said...

ahh when is christmas break? only from periods 1,2,4


u know Mr. Bair even though we dont have a whole bunch of ppl in class this semester i am ready to do this thingy. no offencse but i dont think i have been this excited to be in drama since Curious Savage...and it wasnt because of anyone in the class or the teaching so please dont worry about that. i say "Let's get the party started!!" 'throws hands in up in the ayer'

5:45 PM  
Blogger bethee said...

okokok whats going on someone put more details than just "im excited" i hate feeling out of loop... fghalighfghafgarut... sorry hahaha please

6:59 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Same here...is the excitement just for class or is their something im missing?

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was the website?? monolgue.com or best monologue.com
it was something simple and I thought i would remember...but I didn't
:D

4:50 PM  
Blogger RenataS said...

Hi everyone just dropping in to say I'm doing well back at school...taking Theatre History and Lit 1....reading Oedipus the King....again...thankfully it should give me a decent chance of surviving the junior level class i am taking as a sophmore...hope everyone is doing alright!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY MR. BAIR,
This is the first time i have checked the blog since summer.My computer doesn't show any new updates on the blog, it say the most recent post was "Last post of the Summer." Do you now how I can fix this?

computers!!! heck no tech no :)

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you *know* how... :)

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home