CLOSING NIGHT
Tonight, the Drama I, II, III's, IV's, V's, VI's, and Drama Devons will present "The Good Woman of Setzuan" for the final time. The curtain rises, or in our case, opens, at 7:30 p.m. I hope to see you there.
MjB
P.S. I'm looking for a lifelike baby doll. Does anyone have one?
MjB
P.S. I'm looking for a lifelike baby doll. Does anyone have one?

7 Comments:
[warning, this will probably be long. I'm a little tired, but if I don't write down this stream of conscious it'll be gone in the morning]
So... I saw the show tonight & Mr. Bair asked me what I thought of it.
I'll not be doing that here.
From reading the directors notes, to hearing the curtain speech and feeling the audience shift during the show, this show stretched the audience, and that makes me a little sad. I'm spoiled, it's true. I see a lot of different types of theater - but I'm a little saddened by the fact that because a show is a little representational that the audience "May not get it."
This is by no means a comment on the drama department, and by all means a comment on epic dearth of theater in western Maryland. This kind of show needs to be done, at the minimum, once per class (4 years), ideally once a year. But, [I use the following plays merely as examples - I find it best to not endorse the production of any specific plays] there should also be a Shakespeare type show (Marlow is a good change up in a steady diet of Shakespeare fastballs), a classic Greek or roman (Medea, Antigone), a classic American play (Death of a Salesman), and a big stupid musical (Music Man, Hello Dolly).
All that being said. A well run program will base it's show choices from the talent it has. If you have talent that you're turning away, then you can pick a season based solely on the shows you want - outside of LORT theaters and magnet schools this is an unlikely scenario. So if you have no singers it would probably be best to not have a musical in your season.
There's a lot of personal stories that back all of this up, but this isn't the place for it. Congratulations on reaching for something new. I hope everyone learned something - I could tell most of your audience did.
[I made no effort to check this for grammar or punctuation - it may be best read late at night.]
giggle.
Mr. Bair, I picked up an old and interesting camera this weekend, do you think you could help me make it function again?
Mr. Bair i am little mad with u. u left prom like after the first 15 mins. it started i saw u and i went to go turn in my ticket and put my stuff down and u were gone...u booger but u look very nice in the suite,tux lookin thing well any way i g2g
lulaD
Cheyenne
Surely something of note has happened since closing night of the show....what's going on down there?
seriously where is everybody?
We are being taught currently.
Post a Comment
<< Home