Friday, October 24, 2008

   OK...it should have been easier to find this, but for some reason,
I had a hard
time finding a copy of the play. However, I did find it,
and because it's tough to
find, I'll leave you this as a link. I would copy
and paste it into a word document, change the text, and make it easier to
read. Tell me what you
think of both plays.

MjB

P.S. This is the same story, but not the same version I'm going to use.




http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext05/8pla210.txt
(Third play down)


28 Comments:

Blogger jbrinke said...

I did this show in college - one of my fondest design experiences. You should have good fun with it.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I read it out of the book; it sounds hysterical.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Wow. Thank you Mr.Bair. Now that I carried that book around Boonsboro, you post it on the blog V.V

Just kidding. It's fine ^^

7:05 PM  
Blogger MorGAN said...

Ha ha! Like Sam and I had agreed earlier; Life O' the Party is cute-funny. The Proposal is hilarious, in my eyes. They fight over such childish things!

(Was that semicolon supposed to be there? I wasn't sure, but I thought so >>')

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved both of the plays but i think Life O' the party is the best one then again the proposal is really funny and i loved the stupid arguement

8:29 PM  
Blogger Cody James said...

I SHALL READ!!!!!!!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

@ Morgan~ The Grammar Nazi is not sure. Hmmm...~thinks~ I think it's ok there.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

7 comments and the only name I recognize is jbrinke . . . :-(

Don't suppose there are any building days coming up?

p.s. Ah, Chekov . . . good times . . .

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so now my arm and shoulders are really stiff but it was still fun moving all those desks and chairs in the hallway...we should really do it again sometime....in the farthest future possible...jkjk cant wait o start working on the play

7:38 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I haven't read this one but I must say I do like Chekov he makes me laugh.

10:45 AM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

What they dont know is that I own the oxen meadows tehehe.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Forgive me Cole, I don't mean to be rude, but those meadows belong to me.

MjB

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

You're both wrong. My father owns those meadows. He used to take me to pick flowers when I was younger.

~nod nod~

8:34 PM  
Blogger The artist formerly known as Cole said...

Bair!!! The Hokey Pokey Shakespearean style, check it out...

*The Hokey Pokey*
Shakespearean Style

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke.
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from heaven’s yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt.
Verily, I say, ’tis what it’s all about.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

That Hokey-Pokey just made my day, Cole.

10:54 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

On a funnyness scale of 1 to 10, that ranks an 11. Did you know that the Hokey Pokey started as a parody of Catholic Mass?

11:20 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Sammy Flying High said...

Wow,that was amazingly funny. Bair, you must have a Shakespearean insult to counter that.

11:45 PM  
Blogger ~*Nika*~ said...

Haha! I love the ending of The Proposal. I like it better than Life O' the Party.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found myself liking The Proposal more than Life O` the Party. The Proposal seems to be, in my opinion, more fun to act upon than Life. Both plays are good, but I believe The Proposal is more for me, than the other. Can't wait to see how either one goes though, they both should be a blast!

10:21 PM  
Blogger jacob reinhart said...

cole love the Hokey Pokey and I have to say that the marriage proposal is much better in my mind than life o' party

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Bair, where does the audition part start for Lomov? Every time I go to find it I just can't find it on my script... :/

6:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Tyler,

After Tchubokov (sp) exits, Lomov and Natalia have another discussion. Lomov is still upset, but Natalia keeps telling him to talk about something else. Then, they both get fired up again, argue, and Tchubokov enters again. That's it.

MjB

6:38 PM  
Blogger Ms. Strong said...

Hello!

What is going on tomorrow after school?

7:09 PM  
Blogger jacob reinhart said...

i want everyone who reads this to go to freerice.com and donate rice to children in africa. ohh... and i just luv the light mr. bair we have to program a 15 outlet for one of the lights nearer to that light because we had to use and extension cord to get it working

Cordially yours

Reinhart

4:29 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

Mr. Bair,

Should I stop by sometime soon-ish to get a copy of the powerpoint? I am feeling all right with what we covered today, but just to be sure...

5:58 PM  
Blogger AddThreeAndFive said...

I wonder how Freerice actually gets the money for all that. Banner ads alone probably won't do it.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home