Sunday, March 13, 2011

Storm Clouds on the Horizon....


I have decided that every post from here to "The Tempest" will have a storm-related heading. Yes...I'm a nerd. Regardless, here's the schedule for "The Tempest" this week. Since we're out of the auditorium until Thursday, I have decided that I am going to use Monday-Wednesday for significant pre-play preparation. There will be a full rehearsal schedule drafted as soon as I humanly can.

MONDAY: Film pre-planning day. I would like to meet with Nick, and anyone who is interested in helping with the filming aspects of this show. I will also need a costume representative as well. 3:40-5:00

TUESDAY: I NEED TO DO A READ-THROUGH of the script. It's not a random, "I would like to read through it." I NEED TO DO A READ THROUGH. Thus, if you have more than a handful of lines in this play, be there, or lose your part. If you have any doubts about that, ask me tomorrow. 3:40-5:15

WEDNESDAY: I will be meeting with Kasey to finalize music so that the dancers can be scheduled. This will be the only day off for the immediate future for most of you.

THURSDAY: OK....we're going to start blocking. I would like everyone in the ALONSO PARTY, including Ariel. From this point forward, the ALONSO PARTY includes: Alonso, Gonzolo, Antonio, Sebastian, Adrian, Francisco, and Ariel. 3:40-5:15

FRIDAY: Caliban, Stephano, Trinculo, and Ariel only. I will begin working on the first scene with you. My schedule for Friday is in flux, so I'm only going to rehearse until 5:00. Read forward for more explanation....Initially, Captain Kirk discussed the need to start building this evening, but with the date change, I don't know whether that's necessary or not. Stay tuned....

SATURDAY: OK...the plan is to build the stage. In order for this to happen, I am asking anyone who can actual build, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, etc, to assist us on this day. We will be dividing into specific task groups. For instance, your job for the day might be cutting 2/4's, and that's it. It might be to cut plywood all day. Who knows? The point is that the stage needs to be finished in one day.

We're basically building a grid, and we're covering it with plywood. This will create a raised stage that will make it possible to run effects beneath the stage, while building undulations on top of it. I can only do this if it takes one day to complete the building of the stage. Please confirm your attendance. I am scheduling the day from 9:00-6:00, just to be safe. I will take whatever help I can get for whatever length of time it is offered.

NOTE: If you're in costumes and want to work on them, or if you want to paint signs on this day, it will be fine. There can be no work done on the back wall until the stage is raised.

MORE TO FOLLOW AS THE WEEK PROGRESSES.....NEXT WEEK...BLOCKING AND DANCING....music is still in process...be patient and hope for the best!

MjB

P.S. I hope you're memorizing lines. All lines must be memorized by April 1st, no exceptions, and NO FOOLING!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blargh...I want to attend the Film pre-planning day, but I already said I'd do a physics lab that day...I guess I'll just get Nic to catch me up afterward.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Saaaraaah said...

I like the storm-related titles....but then again, I'm a nerd too.

9:49 PM  
Blogger MorGAN said...

I'd like to stay and help Monday if I could be of any benefit, and I'd like to follow along in the read through. Reading scripts is more fun with more people C:

I'd like to come Saturday. I'll likely be working from 1 -8, but I could help paint signs or maybe with building until I have to go

10:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Tomorrow will actually last until 5:30. I have a meeting until 4:00. You can go get something to eat at Weis and then return. OK?

MjB

8:00 PM  
Blogger MorGAN said...

Can do! Do you want anything from Weis?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Susary! said...

Mr. Bair, I gave my friend, Megan, the one I mentioned at the film meeting, your email address. I couldn't remember your school email, so I gave her the one you have posted on facebook. I hope that's okay... Well, just letting you know.

6:28 AM  
Blogger y2joey said...

Mr. Bair, I shall be there from the time I wake up that day til about the time we wrap up.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Susary...that would help if I would check that address...thanks.

MjB

P.S. Joey, that's great. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home