Two Posts PART II
In this post, I am basically giving you two choices. I am willing to do a show with a very small cast, or we can pursue the one act plays. Please submit a vote, and please make sure that you tell all others that don't visit this site that I need an opinion. Thanks.
MjB
MjB

16 Comments:
I vote for the one acts because while doing a production with a small cast is wonderfull and all it would make a LOT of people very unhappy and it would probably unwittingly create some very nasty rifts because no matter how much we all wish and strive and fight for a perfect family we are human. And plus anyone that really wants that big production feel can be in the springtime production or wierd people like me can be involved in all three just cause we want to =P
One acts all the way. For those of you who haven't been on the receiving end of a "small cast" cast list, let me tell you- it's no fun.
P.S.
Not that I'm complaining about the way Mr. Bair casts a show, which I've sworn never to do again.
Whoa! My fault. If I do a small cast show, there will only be one show next semester. I thought that was clear. It obviously wasn't.
MjB
I vote one acts.
It gives a chance for a few people to direct, which is very cool, and there are more parts all around. Plus it means 2 shows next semester, so I can still audition and try for a part then. 3 versus 2, and a chance for directing. One acts definately win.
one acts b/c it's what's best for the class
I like one acts!!!
Rossen
one to the acts.
Hey Bair,
Do you have Saturday school this coming weekend?
Rossen
And when is the due date exactly?
Rossen
Ok Brennan I e-mailed the schedule. just e-mail me back with problems and then I will print out copies for everyone.
Rossen
most def. one acts...peace
one acts.
I'm not sure if my vote counts, but I would rather see you guy do the play with the small cast. My reasoning is quite simple.
I have directed a one act play; it is a lot of fighting for stage time, light schemes, props, set, even actors and crew. Pretty much everything that a play needs gets fought over by the directors. Not ‘I hate you’ fighting, but it still isn’t good.
A single play, however, requires a ton of people to do it right. You should be learning this from your mastery project. If everyone wants to act, the tech sucks. Or the tech is at least sub-par. The plays with a small cast have always been some of the best at BHS because everyone is dedicated to their job, not several jobs.
Regardless of what you do I will support you, but I think you should do the play with a small cast
-Brian
P.S.- I think the mastery project may have been a hint
P.P.S.- Let me know if I’m stepping on your toes Mr. Bair
sorry if I posted this twice
Brian,
You are entitled to your opinion, and you couldn't even find my toes if you tried!
MjB
'sigh' Well, I did warn you.
Let's get one thing straight--Al Gore did not invent the internet. Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet. What he did do was introduce legislation that eventually provided funding to make the technology of the internet--which up till that time was purely military--available to the public. So were it not for Al Gore, we might not have this lovely spot to bicker on. For more on this subject, read "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them--A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right" by Al Franken. I'll give you five bucks if you can find a single lie on Franken's part.
Post a Comment
<< Home