Saturday, October 14, 2006

Toby's Review

Thanks for everything. You were great. I lost one of my new passes to the school. Yes, the one for the electromagnetic doors. Did I give it to any of you? I don't think so, but I thought I would ask.

Otherwise, please post your Toby's review, including show, tech, food, etc. I hope you enjoyed it.

MjB

19 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bair said...

PLEASE....I NEED HELP. DOES ANYONE HAVE MY ID???

MjB

12:44 PM  
Blogger E_to_the_mily said...

it was pretty awesome, and i agree with maura about lois's part!!!

the food was alright, but the dessert was phenominal!!! (<--sp?)

antway, i had a great time.

>Emily

PS: and yes,i meant to say antway ....

2:01 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

The card was returned by Joel. Mandy is the last one that I remember having it. However, Ryan went back to my room to pack the laptop. It's possible that he has it. Would someone contact him?

MjB

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah,Wills group (my group) had it, but I gave it to Mandy at the end of the school day. I'll give Ryan a call.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently Ryan drove around to the back of the school, so he never used it.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Beth S* said...

I had so so so so so so so much fun!! Thanks for alowing me to go. The play was great, the lights were freaking awesome, the live music was amazing (I loved Brush up your shakespeare- it was so funny)), the acting was well done- the only problem was my table didn't get cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha. Again thanks so much for allowing me to come- i had so much fun!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show: I thought the show was really good. Some of the songs were a little repetetive or pointless, and thus annoying, but in generally still enjoyed them, if just for the choreography.
Tech: The light set up was really awesome, I really liked theater in the round.
Food: Obviously delicious, the salmon being my favorite.
But wow. I forgot how incredibly sexist that play is. That lost song made me pretty angry, I have to say--in shakespeares context or not. But I still enjoyed myself. Thanks!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

I hate safety regulations! The tech was awsome, a little trouble with the mics though it probably could have been solved by a replacement battery.... the lights were pretty! The show was great, it's times like these when I wish I could sing.... well.

-Devon

8:26 PM  
Blogger rossen said...

I thought the show was wonderful.
Thanks for announceing my birthday, Bair. It was great. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while. I agree with Maura it was a excellent way to end the week. We should do it again. Thanks again Bair.

Lots of Love,
Rossen

7:42 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Deeanna,

What did you mean by the Joel statement?

MjB

10:43 AM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Great show, except for the sexist bit. Sigh. It's been a very busy weekend. I hope everyone else who took the SAT yesterday survived in one piece better than I did. I've spent all weekend working on the first six pages of my next movie project. (That's why I have yet to inform you of the true art of Shakespeare, Mr. Bair. Don't worry it's coming.) Scott, while you're working on your tunnel, can you slip me a schedule for next Saturday?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

o man...what even happened?...i so distracted by the lights!...so grand.

10:20 PM  
Blogger RenataS said...

The costumes the costumes!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!! Makes me cry when I think about the prop room.... *cries* the show was great I loved it! and I liked especially how they handled their blocking and such it was amazing. And yeah...I learned a lot and I agree with Emly the deserts were yummy.

10:48 PM  
Blogger kdawg_izzle said...

I just want to say that I will never forget that experience and I intend on going to see another show soon...because that freakin' ROCKED!!!!! WOOOOO!

no doubt...i'm pretty much speechless...

11:01 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I thought the show was amazing, even though I think Cole Porter was drugged by someone who slipped "Too Darn Hot" in there befre they sent it to the publisher... what a horrid, pointless song. It would be just a bit better if there had been any lyrics other than the statement of the theme and cheesy rhymes about "...my baby tonight." Anyway, it really cements my decision to major in Musical Theatre, even if I have to deal with the occasional crappy song.

I have not seen the pass.

Adam

7:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A smidge late on this, but I don't know about the card key. As for the show, I thought the acting was great, but I only really liked a couple of the songs. They just seemed to go on forever, and many sounded nearly identical. It had some funny bits though, and the food was good. The tech seemed kind of ironic in that they had a ton of super spinny fade-y insane lights, and than a styrafoam ball with pipecleaners in it on a string for representing a bird. And of course, the sexism made it a pretty unsatisfiing ending, but hey, thats the taming of the shrew. I enjoyed myself.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

o...and that random prop in the middle of the two dressing rooms was indeed a doorway...thanks rossin!

9:57 PM  
Blogger rossen said...

Your so welcome Lori!!!!

Rossen

10:07 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

2:30 Friday. Sounds good.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home