Let's get one thing straight--Al Gore did not invent the internet. Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet. What he did do was introduce legislation that eventually provided funding to make the technology of the internet--which up till that time was purely military--available to the public. So were it not for Al Gore, we might not have this lovely spot to bicker on. For more on this subject, read "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them--A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right" by Al Franken. I'll give you five bucks if you can find a single lie on Franken's part.
Besides, your phrasing is incorrect. He sought funding for the Internet to be wired in each public school It was a large push of the Clinton administration. The Internet was created by business, particularly techies who were looking for a way to transfer information about their business to clients and partners. The FAX machine, which was the primary means of electronic transmission, was costly because of paper and ink, and it was slow.
The Internet was never meant for goobers like us. It wasn't until businesses realized that advertising could be used for web pages that the Internet became available for the Average Joe. I do have a distinct advantage on this subject; I was alive then.
7 Comments:
Honestly, Mr. Bair...
THIS IS A PUBLIC SITE!!!!!
I don't think Paul Stanley loves Mr. Bair quite enough to play all the parts. Wouldn't it be funny if he did, though?
wait a second! is the second to last picture you as paul stanley?
and - let me guess - the last one is framed on your wall next to your diploma and family pictures, isn't it?
'sigh' Well, I did warn you.
Let's get one thing straight--Al Gore did not invent the internet. Al Gore never claimed to have invented the internet. What he did do was introduce legislation that eventually provided funding to make the technology of the internet--which up till that time was purely military--available to the public. So were it not for Al Gore, we might not have this lovely spot to bicker on. For more on this subject, read "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them--A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right" by Al Franken. I'll give you five bucks if you can find a single lie on Franken's part.
Besides, your phrasing is incorrect. He sought funding for the Internet to be wired in each public school It was a large push of the Clinton administration. The Internet was created by business, particularly techies who were looking for a way to transfer information about their business to clients and partners. The FAX machine, which was the primary means of electronic transmission, was costly because of paper and ink, and it was slow.
The Internet was never meant for goobers like us. It wasn't until businesses realized that advertising could be used for web pages that the Internet became available for the Average Joe. I do have a distinct advantage on this subject; I was alive then.
MjB
Way to date yourself, Mr. Bair;)
Glad we're amusing you, Gantz.
I agree with John, eeew!
And Scott, I'm totally there. The Beach Boys rock. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home