Sunday, November 05, 2006

Here's the DEALIO!

Well...

It's been an exhausting weekend, but I have enjoyed it. I know that you're anxious for me to respond, but I am certain that you didn't want me to make a decision just for the sake of making a decision. Here's two-thirds of a decision.

First of all, here is the criterion by which I made my decision:

1. Quality of the letter
2. Availability and "doability" of the piece
3. Individual's Drama history
4. Individual's performance this semester
5. Quality of the play selected

Based on this, here is what I have decided:

1. Will will direct "The Crazy Mixed Up Island of Dr. Moreau." It's him in every way possible.
2. Ana will direct "The Wedding Reception." This will make her career come full-circle.

Then, it gets fuzzy..... I need to explain some things.

Ryan's letter, and all else above are exemplary. I don't necessarily like his title with the two titles mentioned above. We need something more serious in the middle.

John's letter was certainly compelling, and his title is perfect. I know that John is going to be assisting me, if not directing, the Drama I title in the spring. That creates a dilemma.

Chris's letter needed development, I'm not familiar with the title, and we don't have copies of it. That creates too many dilemmas at one time. I do have a proposal for you Chris, and it involves directing.

Thus, I would like Ryan to direct the third play, but I would like some input into the title. In fact, I would suggest, "Murder Is Fun!" It is the perfect piece to sandwich between these titles.
Those are my decisions. Ryan, if this is not acceptable to you, then, please let me know. Otherwise, I welcome your feedback.

MjB

P.S. Paul Stanley Wins.

29 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Good for you Chris. Your response says all the right things.

MjB

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Mr. Bair. Auditions start thursday, correct?

11:50 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

By the way, I need to see the director's after school on Wednesday for 30-60 minutes. I will also need to see you on Friday.

MjB

12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Bair, I appriaciate this opportunity you've given me immensely. I really hope both John and Chris enjoy their other projects as well. Congrats and good luck to all!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Send an e-mail to BairMic@wcboe.k12.md.us

MjB

1:06 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Oh...Paul Stanley Rules!

MjB

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was tired last night, even though it seems Im the only person to go to bed before midnight,
but congratulations Will and Ryan, and good luck Chris and John!

Mr. Bair, when are we holding auditions? Just wondering if I should start sorting through characters now or not.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Congrats to all the directors. Also, Lori and/or Birky: When do you need the music? It is almost ready, as the only dilemma currently is that I am having trouble converting the MIDI file to a WAV file. I think I can get the software, though. Anyway, please let me know what I should do with them when they are converted (email them, drop them off at someone's house, wait til Wednesday, do a little dance, etc.). Thanks.

Adam

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Will told me thursday. Nevermind.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

41, actually.
That was probably the wrong way to start this post.
Filming for "Pete" didn't go quite as planned. We won't be able to do the wrap-up scene we wanted to do tommorrow. I estimate we'll need two days after school to finish the footage. Is that okay? And could Mandy, Beth, and anyone else willing to be an extra stay after on the second day?
Don't get me wrong, we got a lot of good filming, and I think it will be an excellent movie.
Congrats to all directors.
Chris, you've got something on your nose.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Beth S* said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bair

Congrades to everyone directing PLEASE let me know any way i can help!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Beth S* said...

yeah I can most definately be there Kristen just tell me when-- thanks

2:56 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Congrats to all the student directors.

That being said, if you didn't get the chance to direct there are tons of jobs that are very important.

Good luck to you all.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

I need directors on Wednesday and Friday. Auditions are on Thursday.

MjB

P.S. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Okay, so the last filming day for "Pete" will probably be Friday.
Happy Birthday.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Yes Julia.

MjB

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Hopefully I can give you a late present of a completed movie on wendsday.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Happy birthday, Mr. Bair, like that hasn't already been said :) Oh, and Ryan, Nero can't do MIDI files. WAV's are OK, but no MIDI. I solved the problem, though. I ran an 1/8" cable from my mic port to my line in, and got good enough quality (because it was MIDI) to be able to do it that way. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Adam

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Come around 3:15 tomorrow Mandy. Thanks for the wishes everyone.

MjB

P.S. The E Machine has MIDI!

MjB

11:06 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Mandy,

That's fine. Chris, my idea will not conflict.

MjB

7:18 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Ummm....I have another idea for anyone with a lot of free time and a camera.

MjB

7:18 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Do you mean that the E Machine can play MIDI or that Nero can convert MIDI on the E Machine (as in Nero 7)? Because my computer can play MIDI and all, it's just that I have Nero 6 on here and that doesn't convert MIDI. Problem is solved, though.

Adam

11:52 AM  
Blogger Brennan said...

Okay, if anyone else wants a producer, I offer my services. I produced for "The Case of the Crushed Petunias." The only stipulation is that I will also be auditioning to act in any play that will take me.

Happy Birthday, again.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bair, Did you ever happen to find a copy of The Wedding Reception online? I'd like to post the link here for anyone who wants to read over it. I'll keep looking until then, just if you happened to already have a link, that'd be nice. Thanks!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

That was easy.

MjB

filmplus.org/biomx/wedding.html

5:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Ryan,

I brought "The Ugly Duckling" home for another read. I understand your e-mail. For the record, I wassn't trying to force you to accepts another title. I just wanted you to read it.

MjB

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr. Bair! This translation appears to be much different than the one in the book, It appears I'm going to have to do some choosing or combining. I like some of the lines from both. But anyways, Thanks Mr. Bair!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Wow, thanks Erin! I'm definitely going to use that in the future. You rock.

Adam

7:14 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bair said...

Well...the last post officially beat the Paul Stanley post. This post wins.

MjB

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home